Taming/Mounting oddity in T2A

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Discord

Taming/Mounting oddity in T2A

Post by Discord »

I was out in T2A taming around and I tamed a frenzied ostard, mounted it, and walked off. Business as usual.

But after I walked about 5-6 tiles away, another frenzied popped up in exactly the same spot as the one I had just tamed. It was the same color and already tamed and blue. It didn't respond to any commands, and when I walked a screen away and back, it was gone.

A little later, same thing happened with a second frenzied. This time, though, I got off the frenzied I had just tamed and the "new" one dissipated at the same time.

Now I've been taming all over T2A today, but it only happened with the frenzied ostards, not any of the other ridable pets I tamed.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Taming/Mounting oddity in T2A

Post by Mikel123 »

I'd been getting a weird ghosting bug with Razor recently. Did you interact with the new ostard in any way?

Discord

Post by Discord »

I tried to get it to follow me, but it didn't move at all, like it would have if it had listened or ignored me. I went to try and ride it, but because of the terrain, I had to walk around and it went off screen, and it was gone when that spot came back on screen.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yeah, I'd bet this is a Razor ghost. Happens to me a lot when a character onscreen dies while mounted... I see a naked unmounted version of them standing on the spot they died. Can't interact with it, can't target it or anything, and it disappears as soon as I move offscreen.

robinyip

Post by robinyip »

if you ride on the newly tamed pet when it's still grey, the "ghost" will appear at the time it turns to blue

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This is a horrible bug and it happens very often when I kill players too. The player will die and a few moments later, a naked avatar will stand above his corpse. The avatar's health can not be seen and there is nothing you can do to remove it without running a few screens and coming back. The worst part about it is that it will use your closest human target, closest blue, etc, and it also blocks movement if your stamina is below 100% (due to client side mechanics).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If you are experiaceing this, can you please post your razor versions? I'm assuming 5.0.8.3 client.

Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:If you are experiaceing this, can you please post your razor versions? I'm assuming 5.0.8.3 client.

Thanks!

Yes, 5.0.8.3 UO client
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:1.0.12.15
Yes, 5.0.8.3 UO client
Same versions as me. Thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."