Login Server issues - Fix?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Lupos

Login Server issues - Fix?

Post by Lupos »

Hi all,

I know this is probably only a major issues for people playing in off-peak times but its starting to bother me due to it recently recurring two nights in a row. I'm unsure as to why it happens however it is my understanding that its not a necessity to actually reboot the server.

Whilst server downtime wars are era accurate and great fun could we possibly turn off the scheduled downtime until this login server issue can be rectified in a manner that does not randomly require manual intervention?

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Login Server issues - Fix?

Post by Mens Rea »

I will take this into my consideration.

Lupos

Post by Lupos »

Any serious responses? Happened again today guys :(

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Lupos wrote:Any serious responses? Happened again today guys :(
I am still considering the situation.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, this is something that need to be fixed asap. I don't think eliminating restart is a good solution for fixing it though. There is a solution to this problem, it's compounded by it not being just a single issue that causes the hang-up.

I appologize for the trouble it's been over the last couple weeks. This along with some other core issues should be addressed soon. In the meantime, restart will be monitored as closely as possible to make sure the delay is minimal if this happens.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I quite enjoy the irc rage when the restart fails, but I guess it'll be good for it to work correctly too :?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A mini-patch went on this morning to address this problem.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."