guards vs troll

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

guards vs troll

Post by BlackFoot »

it attacked me in town chased me around for a while, couldnt get guards to attack him?
hes still in the bank there as far as i know
Attachments
townkil.JPG
townkil.JPG (99.88 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: guards vs troll

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

The Troll HAX!!!

you can't kill a troll blackfoot ?

It looks like its pulverizing you.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

If his attack started while you were out of town, the guards won't come. They only kill things that attacked while you were in town. I'm betting if you left or hid so he lost agro, then you returned to that building and let him attack you, you would be able to call guards on him.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I dont like macroing off hirelings all the time on every character so starting out I tend to lure the nasties to the guards when I am training up skills and start to get pummeled.

The monsters always get whacked, they dont have the same flagging rules of players I am sure.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Change your hues in UO options such that "can be attacked" is grey, and "criminal" is some other color, like purple or orange or yellow. The troll was likely "attackable" rather than "criminal". Guards only whack criminals.

Downs

Post by Downs »

or ice blue
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Did you call guards immediately after being attacked, or did you wait?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Alex the Artist wrote:If his attack started while you were out of town, the guards won't come. They only kill things that attacked while you were in town. I'm betting if you left or hid so he lost agro, then you returned to that building and let him attack you, you would be able to call guards on him.
This is incorrect. NPCs function just the same as players when it comes to notoriety (except, obviously, you can't report a troll for murder).

If you attacked the troll first, or were flagged when it attacked you, it's not a criminal. If the troll attacked you while you were blue outside of town, the guards won't kill it inside of town until the troll
a) Reattacks
b) Inflicts melee damage on you
within the town borders.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Downs

Post by Downs »

nightshark wrote:
Alex the Artist wrote: (except, obviously, you can't report a troll for murder).
Incorrect! I reported felix a few days ago

Zing!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's not out of the question for these trolls to be in league with the guards. We have seen treachery such as this before in the once thriving, but now desolate City of Cove.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”