Player ran vendor inaccuracies

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
crabjuice

Player ran vendor inaccuracies

Post by crabjuice »

I've noticed some inaccuracies about the player ran vendors on here. Three things specifically.

1. On here, you get a confirmation menu after you select the item you want to buy that states the price and item. I do not believe this is t2a accurate.
2. On here, you get an error message says something of the effect of "You cannot carry that in your backpack" if you try to buy an item from a player ran vendor on here that would put you overweight. However, in OSI t2a I remember the item dropping below you, like it would when buying from an NPC vendor.
3. On here, if the owner of the vendor places an item on it, you must wait 1 minute before you can purchase it. This was not the case on OSI t2a.

Any input or evidence is welcomed.

Thanks
Last edited by crabjuice on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Re: Player ran vendor inaccuracies

Post by Faust »

9/16/98
Vendors now check how full your backpack is before selling you items.
Vendor Changes Nov 23 1999 2:30PM CST

Vendors

Buying from vendors will be made more secure. After selecting an item to purchase from a player vendor, you will be given a message that tells you the item name and the cost associated with it. The message will have two options:

To purchase the item, click "okay".
To cancel the transaction, click "cancel".
While the message is on your screen, the vendor owner will not be able to move the item or change its price until you click either "okay" or "cancel". The message will remain on the screen for 60 seconds to give you time to decide.

The evaluate intelligence skill will not work on vendors.
I also believe this one is a UOR feature. I am unable to look through the patches above the UOR publish at the moment. If I have time later I will look into this one.

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

Faust wrote:#1
9/16/98
Vendors now check how full your backpack is before selling you items.
Isn't there a max item count for your backpack? Like the 125 item limit of your bank box? This could be referring to that.

I specifically remember an instance when playing t2a UO where I bought too many ingots and they dropped below me and I had to drag them all the way to my bank.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That is definitely a possibility. The only way to confirm this for sure is to find a patch note past the UOR publish involving weight limitations for vendors.

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

I found this patch note on a Feb 2000:

You will not be able to trade items to a player if that player cannot hold the items.
* If the items are too heavy for the player or if the items would exceed the number of items the player can carry, the trade will fail. All items in the trade window will go back into each character’s pack.

The verbage for this seems similar to the verbage of the patch note you showed to be interpreted as the amount of items, not the weight.