Bring back the 'All KIll" command!!!!

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Pro

Re: Bring back the 'All KIll" command!!!!

Post by Pro »

Do you know what else is funny not a single piece of evidence points towards all kill working ;D
Last edited by Pro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptokuddlelite »

i personally think its hilarious to watch all u pussies shiver at the thought of "all kill" coming back...LOL..i could care less what happends in the end....its just soooo funny watching you kiddies get your forum warriors out..:)...and to the few who "all Kill" doesnt apply to...good... your views are just as mine...its a GAME MECHANICS..a game command..and if u quit or stop playing because of a game mechanic...u shouldnt play here on uosa...nobody stops anyone from making a tamer and doing the same template as the next person..nobody can stop anybody from doing anything in game ....other than make block event gates to make it so uosa players cant join the events..TTStoner camped event gates with WW, and was jailed and was told that was not supposed to be done..but its magically ok do so now??...but NOBODY DOES ANYTHING WITH THAT..simply because there was not a "rule" or "event gates" during the t2a time period..ITS GAME MECHANICS..and...what about ostards...where there ridable llamas and ostards during T2A??? i have no clue
Image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Pro wrote:Do you know else is funny not a single piece of evidence points towards all kill working ;D
That's the hard cold fact right there and why these topics are so repetitive and pointless.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

strut

Post by strut »

nightmare wrote: I never had to put my dragons on all guard me so that I had a chance to get away from pks. I took it to pks and they were the ones running.
Congrats. I am not a pk but nullifying hours of skill training and pvp practice with one macro button press is the sort of garbage OSI did that killed the true spirit of UO.
nightmare wrote: I have yet to kill a pk on this server with my tamer. This is clearly a pk server and what they want they get :(.
Ok so they escape from your fire breathing dinosaur(s), do you really expect to be able to insta-kill all targets at a single macro press?
nightmare wrote:I know I am making these reds mad that I have such a good escape strategy :). 162 and 1 so far while farming. Just wish I could stay and fight them like I used to!!!
So you nearly always escape it's not as if you're vulnerable then so why are you complaining. You're essentially complaining that you can't one-macro-press and target kill EVERYONE. lol... people like you are who OSI pandered to in the first place and it led to the festering abomination known as production shard UO. Everyone is afk there for a reason, it's a pile of poo.

I speak as a guy with 60+ million on Atlantic and 200+ million on Europa that was part of a guild that dominated europa champ hunting, so when I say it's a pile of garbage I don;t say because I failed there I was successful but realised what a pile of crap it was and is. I am broke here on UOSA and a total noob but it's still already way more fun because it's the real UO. I hope people like you don't turn it into something lame.

TTPMatt
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by TTPMatt »

Pro wrote:You do realize you'd just be getting pkd' by TTstoner 24/7 if all kill worked. I hope you also realize that the playerbase would probably half in a day due to the overpowering of tamers.

:(

I no pk. It's been a year of negative tamer patches to try to hold me down :(
<hemp-afk> now im afk for real, i dont even go near my computer when TT is around
-
<OlmanRiver> TT Stoner : Taking advantage of in game mechanics until they are horribly nerfed since 1997
-
<@Luca|Blight> TT IS A GOD

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

"all kill"

Jun 29 1999
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... nline+1999#

all kill did not work

--- nov 23 cut off date ? ---

Nov 25 1999
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 1a8c3cfe6a

all kill did work

Dec 17 1999
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 3dad7a818b

all kill did work

So did all kill work within the era?
My conclusion: Maybe

all kill definitely DID work at some point in the T2A era, it's obvious that the ALL command was for ALL your pets. however at one point during the T2A era there was a possible in era feature/bug where they would not all respond to the command
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Doesn't matter. Can't fight the system. Maaan.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Eddard

Post by Eddard »

Shouldn't this be in the Suggestions and Era Accuracy forum and not in the Crossroads Tavern? Just curious.
Eddard Vahanian
High Constable of Shadowmire

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

dren wrote: Dec 17 1999

all kill did work
Really? Cause in that example, the person is saying it multiple times.
Oh, and the Para-all kill-para-all kill-para-all kill combo with two demons in tow was a refreshing change from the Para/e-bolt/e-bolt/e-bolt combo we normally see
Why would they need to say it multiple times? Wouldn't it just be
Para-all kill-para-para-para

Downs

Post by Downs »

gotta love 1 year old bumped threads that have unfortunately been proven completely wrong time and time again, even if I myself wish it wasn't
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Downs wrote:gotta love 1 year old bumped threads that have unfortunately been proven completely wrong time and time again, even if I myself wish it wasn't
dren is the master of bumping things that have been beaten to death and then finally resolved.

morganm

Post by morganm »

Mikel123 wrote:

all kill did work
Oh, and the Para-all kill-para-all kill-para-all kill combo with two demons in tow was a refreshing change from the Para/e-bolt/e-bolt/e-bolt combo we normally see
You had to keep repeating commands to some pets because they wouldn't always stay on task with your last command. They would stop doing it, wander off, or even attack you instead (especially dragons, drakes, etc). So you had to keep telling them over and over to keep them on task.

I'm not saying when 'all kill' worked or when it didn't... I'm must explaining why ppl had to spam commands to pets.

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

nm
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Caviar

Post by Caviar »

Mikel123 wrote:
Hemperor wrote: Dragon stats match up with Stratics and Demo.
btw, here's the best part of your argument.

I'm pretty sure the Hunter's Guide on Stratics doesn't have dragon stats in their 1999 archive. and in the Feb 2000 archive, it says they can cast level 8 spells. Sooooo, not sure this is the best source of data, even if they did have it there.

And on the demo, dragons don't have magery. They don't spawn with any magery skill. They don't spawn with the script "spellai". And they don't spawn with a max spell level (spellCastersLevel). Look it up.

I'll say that again.

ON THE DEMO, DRAGONS DON'T HAVE MAGERY.

So given that dragons on UOSA spawn with magery, and they don't on the demo, that kind of makes your statement 100% lie, correct?
I'm pretty sure at the time, dragons shot fireballs, period. I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure.

2Cents

Post by 2Cents »

morganm wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:

all kill did work
You had to keep repeating commands to some pets because they wouldn't always stay on task with your last command. They would stop doing it, wander off, or even attack you instead (especially dragons, drakes, etc). So you had to keep telling them over and over to keep them on task.

I'm not saying when 'all kill' worked or when it didn't... I'm must explaining why ppl had to spam commands to pets.

You had to repeat the command because pet loyalty wasn't working as it was after the Uo:R taming patch that changed the loyalty and the overall way taming worked. The all kill command worked, it is just that high end pets wouldn't listen to their master very well, and refused to follow the orders often because of failed loyalty check, so you had to spam the command, you also had to feed your pet very often because of this. But in pvp situation you wouldn't care much about loyalty you had to susrvive, so spamming command was the way to go, but it was dangerous as it could releas some pet from low loyalty. Having a lot of drag was dangerous because of mass curse too. And yes there was a bug about pet command targeting, but it was not even as bad as some people seam to say here, healing your pets or yourself with packs wasn't a good idea though, but it wasn't a problem at all at the time, because pets were throwable wears, nothing comparable to the post taming patch that was meant to reward tamers that wanted to get attached to their pet, rather than the t2A system that rewarded the tamer using pets as cannon fodders, and tamers wouldn't get hit often really. Also most tamers using pack of drags where doing so for pvp purpose and healed their pet at the stable. But really i don't care if the dev don't want the all kill command its tottally understandable, it was a pain at that time, and totally unbalanced, but ye it made tamers good pvpers thats for sure, they were hated because of their win button with all kill. Claiming the opposite seam funny to me, but then again i wasn't playing Uo early 99, i started late 99.

I'll just edit to add that the taming patch had a trade off, you could only control one drag/mare/ww, but then they were really listening like stupid dummies, pre patch having those whre dangerous and unpredictable just as dragon should be, they would listen not very often, you had to feed them all the time in fear they will go wild from fail loyalty check in raws, and having pack of them was very dangerous in normal playing session, because of this loyalty stuff, the targeting bug that wouldn't make it very smart to heal them with vet and becaus eof mass curse and the area spells. I don't know how the end pets behave in that shard since i just begin and still macro my ass off, but it would be very nice if those high end pet was as dangerous to handle as they were, thats the point of my edit here.