Curing poison

Topics related to Second Age
draggle

Curing poison

Post by draggle »

When casting cure, what affects your success chances? Say lvl 2 poison. Is it just having GM magery, or does eval int come into play? Also, does eval int increase the amount healed by Gheal? I wondering how I should distribute my last 100 points on my dexxer.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Curing poison

Post by Ronk »

draggle wrote:When casting cure, what affects your success chances? Say lvl 2 poison. Is it just having GM magery, or does eval int come into play? Also, does eval int increase the amount healed by Gheal? I wondering how I should distribute my last 100 points on my dexxer.
According to the base RunUO code...eval does increase the amount healed. Whether this is something that was in T2A I couldn't say.

As for the cure, I don't know off hand.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

Eval shouldn't affect the amount you can greater heal for. I had GM magery on my dexer in T2A (with no eval or med) and I did ~50pt greater heals.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

eval has no effect, all eval is during t2a is a damage modifier
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

BlackFoot wrote:eval has no effect, all eval is during t2a is a damage modifier
What is your basis for this statement? Memory, facts, etc? Just curious.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Faust

Post by Faust »

The default RunUO code only accounts for the Magery value. If you also take a look at the current EA server's formula it is 40% of magery plus one to ten added to it. The only benefit from eval is the boost in spell damage. The formula for cure is a bit more advanced on the current EA servers. I don't have any data here at work, so I'm not positive if it's any different than the past formula. If I remember correctly the current formula for the EA server's is ( Magery * 0.75 ) + ( 110 - ( Poison Level * X ) ). I'm sorry but I can't seem to remember the value of X. I'm wanting to think that X is somewhere near 30ish. However,the formula is somewhere on the lines of the one I displayed. If I remember to I will take a look at the formula in my code when I get home for a comparison.

draggle

Post by draggle »

So I should definitely go with GM magery rather than some combination of magery and eval?

Faust

Post by Faust »

If your goal is only success rate instead of spell damage than you should go with magery only. If you're wanting to go with spell damage you need eval or you might as well forget about ever casting any damage spells.

draggle

Post by draggle »

Right. Its on my dexxer with minimal intel. So i will just be casting cure and Gheal. I'm going with 100 magery, which will increase my chance to cure poison the most, correct? Eval intel has no impact on the chance of curing poison? I'm sorry, I just want to be certain before I go changing my template.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you shoudl have magery on your dexxer, if you want your dexxer to be a multi facited char
you can cure any poison from magery, heal yourself when in a rush, might run into trouble when get to really high level poison, but you got aids for those
and of course recall
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]