Guardzones at T2A entrances

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
poogoblin

Guardzones at T2A entrances

Post by poogoblin »

I know this has been mentioned before but the T2A entrance in Minoc stills seems to be incorrectly "unguarded"

http://web.archive.org/web/200010171211 ... aent.shtml

Ulfrigg

Re: Guardzones at T2A entrances

Post by Ulfrigg »

That link seems to be from 17 october 2000

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Likewise, the Temple Island T2A entrance should be guarded.

Galad has a screenshot episode about seeing a murderer there, and we also have seen in the past some 1999 screenshots of a UO "wedding" which took place on the island. Incidentally, there is no spawn (giant serpents, etc.) in sight, so there may need to be a spawn update there, or perhaps the players and/or guards took care of them?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mikel123 wrote:Likewise, the Temple Island T2A entrance should be guarded.

Galad has a screenshot episode about seeing a murderer there, and we also have seen in the past some 1999 screenshots of a UO "wedding" which took place on the island. Incidentally, there is no spawn (giant serpents, etc.) in sight, so there may need to be a spawn update there, or perhaps the players and/or guards took care of them?
I really don't know one way or the other. I always used the Delucia Passage in t2a and it was never guarded. However, the wedding spawn may have been cleared by staff, and I would like to see the Galad screenshot. There is no sense in adding something in without all of the facts (from era, not UO:R).

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

As far as that Galad Adventure goes, how can you determine the timeframe of that episode? I put the site into the Internet Archiver and it is only listed from 2004+, the source code has no publish date as well. There are episodes on that site that go well into the 2000's.

Edit: Wait I just saw that second link and it looks as though you are correct.

From that link though, I see this
http://web.archive.org/web/200010111201 ... nt9ext.jpg

Do we even have that area at our vesper cemetary?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I can't for sure. It's entirely possible it was from early 2000, but there are a lot of things that we could find evidence of from say March 2000 and be pretty sure it didn't change between Dec 1999 and then.

The wedding snapshot, we did have a precise date for (fall 1999 I believe). Here is the thread from that:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22845

I find it quite interesting that there are no corpses or monsters whatsoever in any shot... not to mention, horses just parked there. Can a GM stop spawn in an area for some period of time? I have no idea. All I'm saying is, we have a Galad episode, these screenshots, and the UO Stratics table. At some point, when you have a lot of converging evidence that is, not flawless, but pretty good... it starts to add up, in my opinion.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I would discredit the wedding info, and the Galad episode. However that stratics table is pretty solid.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

MatronDeWinter wrote:From that link though, I see this
http://web.archive.org/web/200010111201 ... nt9ext.jpg

Do we even have that area at our vesper cemetary?
Yes we do.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Ulfrigg wrote:That link seems to be from 17 october 2000
I can provide the exact same link dated 1998 as well

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

As a newbie in Apr-May '99 I used to hunt in the "Minoc spawn" area (which is the peninsula type area to the west of the minoc cave). I can confirm this area was guarded, we used to use it as a safe area from murderers or when they monsters started winning.

That reminds me - the spawn area to the west of this cave should be PACKED with groups of orcs (inc. mages and orc lords), singular harpies, ettins/ogres, among other things. I checked it out on UOSA and the area is completely devoid of spawn.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »