Silver system

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pirul

Re: Silver system

Post by Pirul »

Malaikat wrote:
Brules wrote:Non-pvp people are excluded fromt he system.
Apart from people new to UO entirely, they aren't coming to a pre uo:r shard for the pvm and crafting mechanics...
I agree with noxmonk, this is entirely not true.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

caveman

Post by caveman »

Malaikat wrote:
Apart from people new to UO entirely, they aren't coming to a pre uo:r shard for the pvm and crafting mechanics...
If I were to play just for the pvp aspect it would certainly not be T2A. UOR & AOS both had better pvp mechanics.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

No they aren't. Survival event runs multiple times per instance and that event gives 4 silver if you can manage to kill a few monsters. Bagball has nothing to do with pvp and that also gives silver.

Dungeon crawls, which seem popular lately also give quite a bit of silver.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

lately, the last 2-3 months there has been more sivler available through survival/bagball real world invasion events and player ran events than through pvp.

The problem is pvp events are much more consistent and predictable in their time.

In the long run over time pvp events have more silver given out, but lately non pvp has the edge.

People underestimate how much silver is rewarded through player ran events, staff love player ran events and support them really well.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

BlackFoot wrote:lately, the last 2-3 months there has been more sivler available through survival/bagball real world invasion events and player ran events than through pvp.

The problem is pvp events are much more consistent and predictable in their time.

In the long run over time pvp events have more silver given out, but lately non pvp has the edge.

People underestimate how much silver is rewarded through player ran events, staff love player ran events and support them really well.
Make PvE events more predictable...and I'd happily change my vote. As it is the last thing this server needs is more reason to PvP.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

or make pvp events less predicatble
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Theres huge segments of everyday where you can't find pvp, even if you were to pay someone to fight you. We do need more pvp even if you don't want to be involved.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Theres huge segments of everyday where you can't find pvp, even if you were to pay someone to fight you. We do need more pvp even if you don't want to be involved.
Here are the segments you are talking about.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Panthor the Hated wrote:Theres huge segments of everyday where you can't find pvp, even if you were to pay someone to fight you. We do need more pvp even if you don't want to be involved.
Here are the segments you are talking about.
:!:

Sum_Mors

Post by Sum_Mors »

The best solutions are either removal of the silver system, or having some kind of internal bean counter to make silver non-tradable. If silver is a reward for participating in extra-curricular events, it should not be able to be traded. The buying and selling of silver should not be allowed.

Edit: There are two main issues: 1) Who is silver intended to be given to and used by? 2) What is the true purpose of the silver? What is it helping accomplish, and is it doing this?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Sum_Mors wrote:The best solutions are either removal of the silver system, or having some kind of internal bean counter to make silver non-tradable. If silver is a reward for participating in extra-curricular events, it should not be able to be traded. The buying and selling of silver should not be allowed.

Edit: There are two main issues: 1) Who is silver intended to be given to and used by? 2) What is the true purpose of the silver? What is it helping accomplish, and is it doing this?
Those aren't the best options. They aren't even good options. They aren't even viable options. I'm not sure they're options at all.

Silver is a non gold reward. It is fulfilling its role as a non gold reward.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Panthor the Hated wrote: Silver is a non gold reward. It is fulfilling its role as a non gold reward.
Just like it did in t2a!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Panthor the Hated wrote: Silver is a non gold reward. It is fulfilling its role as a non gold reward.
Just like it did in t2a!
Silver is not a mechanic. Go back to buying magics for CUB.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Tournaments hosted or monitored by GMs were common on OSI. Rivendel used to run several types of tournaments with many Seers and GM's present(During t2a and after), they were a big deal, most of the shard would show up to their town and lots of pvp happened outside of their arenas. Pk groups also came and picked off viewers. The rewards were occasionaly shard uniques and or blessed clothing items. Later on in OSI (I.E. After T2A, Used for an example to show OSI ran tournaments)I placed 2nd in the Tournament of Champions and received unique armguards that were blessed a long with a permant title attached to my name of Sharhri II the Master Duelest. The winner receieve Loki the Grandmaster Duelest. The silver system is not an issue, neither are the tournaments. It is an incentive for players of a particular style, as are Blackfoots events and other dungeon or quest town events give out trophys worth 10 silver to every player present. These events single handedly put more silver in the economy than all other scheduled type events (CTF, Tournaments, etc). Events are era accurate, even though ours are ran differently then on OSI, they are in essence era accurate. There really is no need to complain. Yes events take people off the field, but they are scheduled and you should be aware of this.

I try to run pvp events similar to this in mYm town which is modeled around this, unfortunately they are not always very popular. I hope to run some big events soon to increase traffic to mYm town.
Last edited by Ardos on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Ardos wrote:Tournaments hosted or monitored by GMs were common on OSI. Rivendel used to run several types of tournaments with many Seers and GM's present, they were a big deal, most of the shard would show up to their town and lots of pvp happened outside of their arenas. Pk groups also came and picked off viewers. The rewards were occasionaly shard uniques and or blessed clothing items. Later on in OSI I placed 2nd in the Tournament of Champions and received unique armguards that were blessed a long with a permant title attached to my name of Sharhri II the Master Duelest. The winner receieve Loki the Grandmaster Duelest. The silver system is not an issue, neither are the tournaments. It is an incentive for players of a particular style, as are Blackfoots events and other dungeon or quest town events give out trophys worth 10 silver to every player present. These events single handedly put more silver in the economy than all other scheduled type events (CTF, Tournaments, etc). Events are era accurate, even though ours are ran differently then on OSI, they are in essence era accurate. There really is no need to complain. Yes events take people off the field, but they are scheduled and you should be aware of this.

I try to run pvp events similar to this in mYm town which is modeled around this, unfortunately they are not always very popular. I hope to run some big events soon to increase traffic to mYm town.
The Tournament of Champions was held in the last quarter of 2002. Trammy garbage.

edited for language.