Tales of a Fisherman Killer...

Share stories and special moments with the community.
kalron

Tales of a Fisherman Killer...

Post by kalron »

Hello All...first time post...

This is a story from long ago, most likely '97-'98 when UO first introduced Treasure Maps into the Second Age. Originally Fisherman were able to pull up maps simply by fishing along the shore, even in town with out requiring a higher Fishing skill. This caused many users to create Fisherman character and just start Macroing the hell out of them in town. Funny thing was, no one thought to Macro "Guards" is the process.

...so...Enter the FisherKiller...

I decided to create a character with a high Snoop and Hiding Skills. I also provided this character with a deadly poisoned Katana and bought some swordsman skills. I would set out to find the Macroing individuals, who would usually place themselves in corners of town were no GMs would see them. I would simply walk up to them and start talking to them...

"Hello, how's the fishing going?"
"Hey, why so rude, just asking a question?"
"Hello? Hello? Hello?"

Most of the time there would be no reply, so I would start Snooping. Strangely enough in this early time, there were some individuals that would have 2-3 Treasure Maps in the pouch, just sitting there all day long Macroing away.

Well, at this point out would come the Katana...WHACK WHACK WHACK...uuuggg.

I would simply Hide and wait until I was Blue again and BAM...free Maps w/ out the work! Sometimes I would even come back and find the same person Rezed and picking up their stuff. I would then drop the Treausre Map on them in the trade menu, but not check the box of course, and say..."HAHAHA, Stop Macroing you fool!"

I racked up about 10-15 Treasure Maps before most caught on and started added "Guards" to their Macro. My group of friends at the time had a blast digging up those Treasures. Ahhh...the good old days.

Here's to spending some time again in Britannia again here on the uosecondage server!

random guy

Re: Tales of a Fisherman Killer...

Post by random guy »

LOL Thats Great stuff. Even now if someone is found macroing AFK they are just setting themselves up to get killed. NO one is safe afk :)

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Yar!

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

ho ho ho...

I made 30k off an AFK kill. (had a rare on them)
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

kevin

Post by kevin »

house deed in a pouch best afk kill ive had lol

saltyclappers

Post by saltyclappers »

fucking shit... even kevins banner pisses me off
<Bongy> runnin around on mares actin like yall dont die the only reason crew can run like that is the real pvpers allow it

Image ...I win!

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

saltyclappers wrote:fucking shit... even kevins banner pisses me off
loool
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Return to “Tales of Adventure”