How exactly does AR affect hand-to-hand damage received ?

Moderator: Support Moderators

dorklard

How exactly does AR affect hand-to-hand damage received ?

Post by dorklard »

Hello

i have browsed the Wiki thoroughly but couldnt find details: I ask myself how exactly does AR (Armor Rating) affect received physical damage ?

I remember that at some point (Now i dont remember whether its T2A, UO:R or even later) on OSI, i had my main dexer (mace/parry) got a full set of Invul Plate Armor + Shield. He had an insane amount of armor and could solo pretty much anything which that didnt cast spells. Now, this was definatly on OSI but i dont remember when it was.

Is there maybe somewhere on the net a table or calculator for the T2A Period, or how its handled here ?

Greets
Dork

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How exactly does AR affect hand-to-hand damage received

Post by Mikel123 »

viewtopic.php?p=1325#p1325

Display AR is unrelated to actual AR and the damage prevented. Info on the link above should clarify things.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Could you imagine how the game would be if you had inherent AR from dex?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

@mike: Thanks alot ! That answers like 95%. However, i am still confused abou one thing: The damage from wepaon after everything such as tacs, anat, str etc have been calculated MINUS the AR of the (randomly determined?) Hit-Zone = the final damage ?

Which are the percentages to hit a given zone, e.g. torso or arms ? Do monsters also have these , or do they have the same AR all the time ?

@archaic: Isnt this factored in the weapon skills already ? (they have an amount of pure Dex-Base). Its not like in AD&D where AR/AC = Armor+Dodge i think ;-)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Yeah dex factors only for weapon speed due to stamina.
It should provide some AR in my opinion for dodge if light/medium armor is worn but this game is ancient and it would not be accurate.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I'm not quite sure I fully understand your question, but on the Combat link from the link I posted:

http://web.archive.org/web/199910090018 ... mbat.htm#7

That gives you the % to hit each area. As you can see, Chest is hugely important, and since it gets hit with nearly half of all strikes, chest pieces of armor tend to wear out and break much quicker than other pieces.

Return to “New Player Help”