bowls of soup

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Segellion

bowls of soup

Post by Segellion »

I was running around Britannia trying to find bowls of soup, and empty bowls to find them no longer stocked on vendors in taverns or inns, nor any other foodstore.

I can remember perfectly clearly in 1999 going to the Trinsic tavern and purchasing bowls of soup, I KNOW they existed on OSI and I do not see why they are not on vendors now.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: bowls of soup

Post by BlackFoot »

you mean the little ones?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

yep it was all barkeep/innkeep type npcs. There were bowls of peas too.
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

Bowl of peas, carrots, potatoes..

I would really like to see this added

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

I also remember buying bowls of soups and veggies for all my house decorating on OSI. I never bought a bowl as a rare, yet had as many as I wanted.

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

I don't know if these things are too obscure or what but they do add to the old feel.

Some other things I've noticed in case anyone's interested:

The red and white polka dot mushrooms don't explode. Used to do like 0-2 damage kind of like fall damage but never killed you. Maybe Im wrong but I think the small brown mushrooms were edible? or maybe Im getting confused. Does anyone else recall that?

The loot tables for a lot of spawn is different from what I recall. For instance zombies sometimes had misc body parts and 26- 40ish gold in a backpack. Rats never had more than 6 or 7 gold. Skeletons never had more than low 20s gold but they usually had a piece of armor or a wep as loot. Daemon loot seems high too. Daemons usually had 200 -300 tops. I killed one a couple days ago that had 540 something.

Aren't we supposed to able to active med through studded? I know it's reduced but the other night I got the "meditative forces cannot penetrate the armor" or whatever. Im pretty sure that should happen for ring/chain/plate etc ?

Town NPCs seem a little off. It seems there are an abundance of beggars/artists/mages and not enough peasants/ scribes/nobles.

There should be occasional webs in forest near spider spawns just like in dungs. Sometimes you could run through them sometimes they blocked you.

There should occasionally be those little books that talked about the game or Brittania in bookshelves. I don't know if it was true but someone once told me you could write a book and give it to a scribe and some copies of it would spawn in the world? Sounds too exploitable but I dunno so was a lot of the game. I do recall occasionally finding some book with some player dialogue in weird locales.

In Kos Heb T2A there's a cliff where you could teleport into Greenacres. Might be blocked here on purpose. Dont know.

well obviously way OT. Just some observations
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Yup, I remember those when I played on a shard that was the first era before secondage. It was probably removed in second age though.

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

Bowl of peas, carrots, potatoes..

I would really like to see this added

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

the random bowls of food are in existence
its the soup taht isnt

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

I have looked far and wider for these bowls of peas or whatever on vendors in inns, foodstores, farmers markets etc. etc. no avail

Where have you seen them at exactly?

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Segellion wrote:I have looked far and wider for these bowls of peas or whatever on vendors in inns, foodstores, farmers markets etc. etc. no avail

Where have you seen them at exactly?
That's why the thread was started. They were on OSI during T2A, but are not on this server for some reason. I'm hoping just an oversight.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

they are given out a couple times a year but oyu have to go collect them yourself off spawning animals
thanksgiving easter etc