Boat Clutter

Moderator: Support Moderators

jefferyjay

Boat Clutter

Post by jefferyjay »

Is there an easy way to remove clutter off the deck of a boat that you can't reach?
I killed a water ele and it dropped loot but when I try to pick it up it says "I can't reach that." So now I can't dry dock my boat.
Any suggestions? I've tried every combination of twists and turns and lifting to try and get them to fall off, but to no avail.

Ripplinger

Re: Boat Clutter

Post by Ripplinger »

I have that happen a lot when they die on the water, but never on the deck. But you might try setting the Scavenger function within Razor to pick up those items laying there. Then hopefully you can just walk close enough and they'll pop into your bag.

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

Already tried that. Still pops up the same message that I can't reach them.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

You're not using the Scavenger feature right then, you don't get any message when it's enabled. You won't have to reach for the item, just walk near it. Usually if you're within 2 tiles of the items, they'll pop into your inventory bag that you set. Once you set the items you want to auto pick up, you'll have to then click on the Enable button on the page.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

until they work all of the buts out of the LOS .. you may try using a second boat to reach these items ... or maybe pulling up to over hanging land masses

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

Ripplinger wrote:You're not using the Scavenger feature right then, you don't get any message when it's enabled. You won't have to reach for the item, just walk near it. Usually if you're within 2 tiles of the items, they'll pop into your inventory bag that you set. Once you set the items you want to auto pick up, you'll have to then click on the Enable button on the page.

Thanks for the input, but yes it does still give that message.

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

DarkWing wrote:until they work all of the buts out of the LOS .. you may try using a second boat to reach these items ... or maybe pulling up to over hanging land masses

I'll give both of these a try and see what happens.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Or you can park it under a bridge and try reaching it from there. There's lots of bridges in Vesper.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

Atraxi wrote:Or you can park it under a bridge and try reaching it from there. There's lots of bridges in Vesper.
Reach from on the bridge?

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

jefferyjay wrote:
Atraxi wrote:Or you can park it under a bridge and try reaching it from there. There's lots of bridges in Vesper.
Reach from on the bridge?
Yeah. Park the part its stuck on under the bridge, then get on the bridge and try from there.

Maybe your scavenger might reach. Idk, I've never tried it.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

Ok, I rammed it up on a point of land and still get I can't reach that from the boat and That is out of sight from shore. Tried under a bridge and get the same messages both on and off the boat.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Might be a far shot but you might want to try to resynch your client.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

I can confirm that there is at least one spot "on" a ship currently where arrows cannot be retrieved from on-board.
stupidarrow.jpg
stupidarrow.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
In any case, these are reachable from a second boat's gangplank and also likely from some land locations.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Rammar wrote:I can confirm that there is at least one spot "on" a ship currently where arrows cannot be retrieved from on-board.
stupidarrow.jpg
In any case, these are reachable from a second boat's gangplank and also likely from some land locations.
Exact same spot on other side of boat..

Oneway is to move boat to the side and come around to the side of the items.. then walk out on your plank to grab the stuff.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Return to “New Player Help”