Liches

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ulfrigg

Liches

Post by Ulfrigg »

Today i farmed liches in covetous and was amazed to see that the 2 tmaps i got from them were lvl 1, now i farmed alot in that room back in the day and never got a lvl 1 tmap from them only lvl 3 maps.

Also the spawn in the room seems incorrect, back then it would be up to 3 liches at a time sometimes with random skeletons etc.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Liches

Post by Arkon »

Liches drop both lvl 1 and lvl 3 maps.

As for the spawn; I can't remember :(
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I only remember there being 1 lich for the most part, once UO:R came around they did beef up some spawns, and I wouldn't be surprised if a 2nd or 3rd lich was added. Spawns also varied from shard to shard. On LS I remember it being 1 at a time, but damn near instant spawn
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

kwhiz73
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kwhiz73 »

I can't say I remember the exact spawn during that time period, but it seems like there were at least 2.

As far as the maps go: I stated in another post here somewhere that lvl 3 maps were the only maps I've ever looted from liches on Lake Superior. I know for a fact I never got a lvl 1 or 2...ever. On this server it's definately a mix.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

kwhiz73 wrote:As far as the maps go: I stated in another post here somewhere that lvl 3 maps were the only maps I've ever looted from liches on Lake Superior. I know for a fact I never got a lvl 1 or 2...ever. On this server it's definately a mix.

Exactly i played on Europe and never got any other then lvl3 there, i know that since my guild and i always did them once i got´em since my thunter there was a warrior . Two days ago i got 4 tmaps at the lich room and 3 of them were lvl1 wish doesnt seem right at all. Anyone else remember ever getting lvl 1 maps from liches back 99?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Blame the nub who submitted this inaccuracy to stratics, in '99.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

nightshark wrote:Blame the nub who submitted this inaccuracy to stratics, in '99.
lol

No, I never dug up maps in era, so I'm not sure...however a theory came up not long ago. As we know, liches are notorious "looters", so there is a good possibility one looted a map off a "lvl 1 mob", and when a player found a lvl 1 on such liche, the myth was born.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Pirul wrote:
nightshark wrote:Blame the nub who submitted this inaccuracy to stratics, in '99.
lol

No, I never dug up maps in era, so I'm not sure...however a theory came up not long ago. As we know, liches are notorious "looters", so there is a good possibility one looted a map off a "lvl 1 mob", and when a player found a lvl 1 on such liche, the myth was born.
I'm really leaning towards this being true. Looking at the current stratics page on treasure maps it says liches drop lvl 3 maps. Now, I'm not saying "it exists in 2010 UO so it must of been this way in 1999 UO" but it seems hard to imagine the UO devs in 1999 were sitting around the office and decided that liches should drop both lvl 1 and lvl 3 maps. It just doesn't make sense.

However, it is very likely that this was a mistake and liches actually did drop both lvl 1 and 3 maps due to some bad code.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Arkon wrote:Looking at the current stratics page on treasure maps it says liches drop lvl 3 maps. Now, I'm not saying "it exists in 2010 UO so it must of been this way in 1999 UO"...
Actually, this is the basis for some things on this shard (I make fun of it sometimes, but it can be the best approach in some instances). And, given there have been no patch notes between 1999 and 2010 saying the t-map levels on liches was adjusted, I think that's yet another point in favor of the fact that they probably dropped just level 3 maps all along, and Stratics had it wrong (see, katana speed) but their information morphed people's perceptions.