Greetings from Nova Zelandia!

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Greetings from Nova Zelandia!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Hail, warm greetings, “gidday”!

We are travellers from afar, and refugees in this land. We originate from the lost islands of Aotearoa (roughly translated as "The Land of the Long White Cloud"). After many moons of sailing, our good ship HMS Endeavour was caught in a mighty storm that raged for days. Whipped by howling winds and driving rains, our mainsail was torn in two. Our ship was driven countless leagues from our charted course, and we found ourselves in seas not shown upon our maps (as we battled the storm's fury). And worse, finally, our fine ship was rendered asunder upon treacherous rocks! Even as the storm raged, we were forced to abandon our cherished vessel… and clutching to broken boards and barrels take our chances in the broiling ocean.

Two of us survived to tell our tale. My own self, and crewmate Gribblys Cash. Washed up upon these strange shores, we each find ourselves starting a new life. With just our bedraggled clothes on our backs, and scant coin in our purses (which we had taken the precaution to secure tightly to our belts), we set out to survive in this land. By good fortune, we found that we were each able to exchange our coin for 100 of your local currency. Both of us then, had the means to establish himself. We have spent the last 3 months recuperating our strength, and re-focussing ourselves on our respective professions: Gribbly in the deep Arts of Magic, myself in the Way of the Sword.

Thus now settled, we have formed our guild, Nova Zelandia. We humbly pray you will accept us into your society. With proud memories of our homeland, we pledge ourselves in good faith to the ruler of this land, Lord British, and unto his service. We oppose all evil, in its varied and myriad forms, and have taken The Oath to cleanse the land thereof, bringing Truth and Justice in its stead.

If there art any other survivors of the wreck, please send pigeon to us through this forum. The memory of our green homeland burns fresh in our minds, and in homage we observe our waking and sleeping habits as though we were still resident there. The timings of our gatherings are thus based on this.

Alas, I fear that Gribbly and I are the last of our kind in this land… however we keep a candle burning in the hope that other survivors of the Endeavour may still be found.

In the service of Lord British,
Your humble servant,
Zelek Uther
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Greetings from Nova Zelandia!

Post by nightshark »

Hail, and well met! Welcome to both of you to UOSA.

I'm also a Kiwi - living on the North Shore of Auckland no less. There are a few of us around, the others I know of are currently inactive though.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Greetings from Nova Zelandia!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Thank you kind sir!

I'm in Auckland too (Parnell)...so not too far from your good self! Gribbly is a 1.5 hour drive south. Thanks for the reply, quite a buzz to know that there are other UOSAers here in NZ!

Gribbly and I meet up on UOSA and go adventuring once a week (although it has been a little bit haphazard, what with family obligations). We are usually online on Friday evening from around 8:30pm until 9:30-10pm (NZT), and quite often sometime on Saturdays too. (Online on a Friday night may sound sad, but with young babies neither of us would be going out anyway). Individually we go online at different times, as circumstances permit.

If we want to go adventuring with a group we would need to set a specific meeting time. Our current challenge is that we try to go PvM, but end up on the wrong end of PvP! So we need to be prepared to "give a little back" to the PvP community! I suspect more manpower would also help. :D

Nice to make contact, hopefully see you around in-game sometime!
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Return to “Guild Recruitment”