Ore low around mining town up North

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Victor Horn

Ore low around mining town up North

Post by Victor Horn »

I been mining at mining town for awile, My guy is a GM Miner and yet I get very very low ore yeilds mining up there. Most of what I come across is Iron ore, about 20 to 30 shadow ore, 5 dull copper ore per 10 pick axes. But the most thing that bugs me is I only get 1 to 5 picks per spot before I get No ore to mine. Around brittian I get up to 10 to 15 pix per spot. Its called Mining town for crying out loud. I would expect to find and get tons or the same amount of ore there as I did around Brittian.
What gives. :?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ore low around mining town up North

Post by Jill Stihl »

The terrain is made up of 8 tile by 8 tile resource grids. The amount of ore yielded depends on how many of the tiles in the grid are mountain (or other ore bearing terrain).

You can be right next to a mountain but if the mountain is on the edge of an 8x8 grid that's mostly grass/woods etc it wont yield much ore.

Victor Horn

Re: Ore low around mining town up North

Post by Victor Horn »

Well thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to sell my small house. :-( and set up shop else where. I set up near mining town do to I thought since it was called mining town I would get better results mining. Guess I was wrong. Next time I will have to check the area out first. :-(