How do you stack chests?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

How do you stack chests?

Post by Zelek Uther »

Greetings fellow citizens of Lord British!

I'm a new player on UOSA... I played T2A in 1999 for only 3 months, so there's still a lot for me to explore and learn. I've been playing here for about 90 days, and have slowly saved up enough gold for a small house, which I finally placed a few days ago (with great excitement!). I have never owned a house before... and I have some newbie questions, so please bear with me!

1) How do you stack chests? I've seen them stacked in other people's houses, but I can't seem to do it.

2) Is there a technique for getting furniture to face the direction you want it to? I spent ages trying to get a chair to rotate to the direction I wanted it to be in.

Thanking you kindly in advance...
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: How do you stack chests?

Post by Jill Stihl »

1. Drop them slightly infront of the already placed chest and they bounce to above.

2. You can't place a chair against a wall and have it face outwards, if that's the issue. To achieve this, put the chair (facing the way you want it) into a box/chest. Place the box where you want the chair to be then chop the box with an axe - the chair will then be in the right spot and direction. (I've made that sound more complicated than it really is).

In other situations the chair will face the direction it was last moved in - so put it behind the spot you want it in then move it over.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Brillliant, thanks Jill Stihl!

BTW, I'm impressed that I got an answer to my newbie question within minutes of posting... wow, I didn't expect that! Kudos to this great UOSA community!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Wow, a UOSA Subscriber by your second post!

I stay pretty active on the boards, but feel free to PM me any other questions you have and I will try to answer ASAP.

This is what keeps the shard going! (and great word of mouth)

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Jill Stihl wrote:In other situations the chair will face the direction it was last moved in - so put it behind the spot you want it in then move it over.
This actually applies to outside walls as well. You can set the chair outside the house, N/S/E/W as necessary to get the desired turning, then bring it into the house and place as desired.

So if you wanted a chair facing away from the west wall, set it somewhere outside the house to the west of that spot, then place it inside against the wall.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

I hadn't thought of doing that. Thanks for the tip Rammar.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Thanks all, much appreciated!

Return to “New Player Help”