Arrows and Bolts

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Corbin

Arrows and Bolts

Post by Corbin »

I'm going to nitpick. Arrows and bolts when being fired use to stack one on top of the other when they didn't hit the target. They didn't create a mult-stack like they do here. I remember large columns of arrows in dungeons that we had to pick up one at a time.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Derrick

Re: Arrows and Bolts

Post by Derrick »

This is true. The stacking was implemented because people were creating so many arrows in their houses from shooting blade spirits that it was causing their clients to crash. This is part of the shard stability mantra which when necessary must trump era accuracy. We strive to be more stable than OSI was in 1999.

It's uncertain though whether arrows would just be deleted on OSI if they could not fit in the space, if that were the case this would be a welcome correction.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

If I remember correctly, the stack reached the highest level of the z-axis it could and then began stacking into a single pile when it couldn't stack vertically any longer.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm pretty sure things would stack to the highest Z axis, and then start stacking on the bottom tile. So after you were done macroing, you would have a tower of arrows, and 4535363 arrows on the ground that you had to pick up individually.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

It sounds like this was changed mid-era.

Sept. 1, 1998
For a while, you would shoot arrows
at a monster & instead of them forming a pile next to it, they would
start stacking one on top of the other until they literally went through
the roof.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 9742f7f391