Bulletin boards for player run events at banks.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
monaxe

Bulletin boards for player run events at banks.

Post by monaxe »

This suggestion is about making it easier for people to find the various player run events.

I know that many who read this post, frequent the forums often but there are many players (old and new) who do not use this resource at all for whatever reason. I was thinking that it would be a great idea to have a bulletin board at brit bank (or all banks) which was exclusively for postings regarding player run events. (something that is monitored and is only for legit events not spam)

Gm's do announce events where all players can see them prior to event, but this way players could know days in advance when the events are going to take place and those who are not in the forums/irc would know about them as well. I believe that this would be a great way to increase attendance by getting new players who would see this board as well as those who would otherwise not know about the various events that take place by having reasonable access to the info while actually playing online.

let me know if this sounds cool? or if it even possible to create something like this?

Trols

Re: Bulletin boards for player run events at banks.

Post by Trols »

I think this would just put more work on a already overtaxed staff..... with minimal results.

We all either found or had to come to www.uosecondage.com to set up our accounts they should all know the boards are here....whether they decide to partake or check in the boards regularly is on them.

Maybe have a revolving news flash once an hour from the town crier to remind people boards are on the website? Thats about all the advertisement I would think would be needed.

Darokgoodnes

Post by Darokgoodnes »

Isn't that about what the clocks are about?

What about allowing recognized event managers (Like Rose, for the CTC event) to add their own messages to the Event board, but no one else?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Integrating player run events into the clocks, and website event schedule has been discussed. We are usually willing to activate the town criers for a well regulated player event.

Players can of course post to the message boards as well, and keep the thread bumped, but I do understand that there is already a lot of spam there. However we already have two message boards at most banks :/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

monaxe

Post by monaxe »

nice, I think that integrating the clocks to show the player run events would be really cool and would be a great resource for people. The bulletin boards in towns next to the bounty board could possibly be used for this purpose maybe listing all the upcoming player run events.

I know its not a big deal and people can use the forums but this little thing would be a huge help for new players to know about these events and those who don't have the time to cruise the forums or make a bunch of posts to host an event, when they could spend that same time doing in game stuff.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

What about a simple bulliten-board or registry-book that opens the users browser to the player-ran events section of the forum. This way, new players who are not active on the forums are introduced to the forums, and old players can find a quick link to what is going on today.