Seconday account creation

Moderator: Support Moderators

fdtreece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Seconday account creation

Post by fdtreece »

Hello everyone, just getting back into UO after a 10 year break and what a great shard to dive in to! It's been awesome building characters like I remembered before but it's time now for me to create a 2nd account. I thought I could just enter in any user name/password and it would create the account like it did for my first one, but I keep getting the error message "There is some problem communicating to Origin. Please restart Ultima Online and try again." No matter how many times I restart, it's not creating my new account. I tried mixing up the account name/pw and even tried on a different pc thinking my IP needed to be unique. Any ideas on this one? Should I just keep trying different names/pws? Thank you!

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Seconday account creation

Post by Kelektra »

You may have already created 3 accounts from your ISP without you even realizing it.
Contact Derrick in IRC and he should be able to assist you with this.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

fdtreece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fdtreece »

Thank you, I just sent him a pm on IRC! I think you're right though, my wife had a couple accounts before I created mine and since we're on the same ISP it's not letting us. Thanks again!

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

fdtreece wrote:tried on a different pc thinking my IP needed to be unique.
All computers in the same house will be on the same IP, switching to a different computer wouldn't give you a different IP. You'd need an actual different physical location, such as down the street, net cafe, etc., but then when you logged in from home, you'd probably have accounts banned since they'd all be coming in from the same IP again, from your home.

fdtreece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fdtreece »

Derrick took care of it, thanks all. And thanks for all the work hosting/maintaining this shard, my whole family is loving playing UO the way we loved it! Great job!

Return to “New Player Help”