Monsters acting a bit weird.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Lord Cavewight of GL

Monsters acting a bit weird.

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

When I provoke a Balron for example it will take 3 or 4 steps towards me after its been successfully provoked. Then if I run around the balrons while they fight sometimes both stop and walk towards me then continue fighting.

I dont think its lag but you never know.

SoundofGod

Re: Monsters acting a bit weird.

Post by SoundofGod »

I've noticed this as well - more so in the past couple of weeks. I know that Ballys and Deamons are "supposed" to be slightly more aggressive now (when approached), but i've noticed it on everything I've been provoking. the "looks furious" message comes up and doesn't "kick-in" until 1.5 seconds after i see the message. It's extremely frustraiting when you're being chased and are up against a wall and the F'ing Poison Ele you just provo'd is furious but it keeps coming at you and casting while it's supposed to be fighting.. yup, i've been LP'd more times than i would like... "cri mor nub" yes. Just pointing out something that i've noticed more now than before.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

I have noticed this too but i dont believe its the mob acting strangely

I have noticed the moment you provoke something it will immediately come after you. I am thinking its just the second it takes to hit provoke, target mob, and then target the other mob. This small timeframe between target 1 and target 2 is when original target does something that hits you.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

I noticed last night daemons are attacking multiple people simultaneously. Is that correct?
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:When I provoke a Balron for example it will take 3 or 4 steps towards me after its been successfully provoked.
I've also noticed this exact same thing happening. I've found that pretty much any monster is taking 3-4 steps toward me after being provoked, not just daemons and balrons.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:Then if I run around the balrons while they fight sometimes both stop and walk towards me then continue fighting.
I've also found this to be be true for daemons (haven't tried balrons) at the fire temple. I'll have a daemon provo'd on the dragon, and (especially if I get too close) the daemon will periodically take a few steps towards me and will hit me if he gets within range.