Wandering Healers

Moderator: Support Moderators

Commodore Axavious

Wandering Healers

Post by Commodore Axavious »

Wandering healers sometimes cast Greater Heal on you if you run past them while wounded, correct? This may only happen if you have positive karma...

Anyone have any idea how often they will heal? Could I use one to assist in macroing up my fighting skills? In other words, if I trap one in my house and start going toe-to-toe with a pally, will the healer heal me every now and again?

Lazarus

Re: Wandering Healers

Post by Lazarus »

In all of my 12+ years of playing UO I've never seen this happening. Not saying that at one point they never did but I've never seen it. And since I've ran past plenty on this shard I'd say they do not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I never experienced this myself, and I would guess that it was simply a GM posing as a wandering healer and having some fun. I think a lot of the stories on Stratics came about like that, similar to the notes on the Wisps page that mention they "lead you to treasure".

Commodore Axavious

Post by Commodore Axavious »

Interesting. No, it never actually happened to me, just a story that I remembered. Perhaps a fib.

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

Im pretty sure it happened to me once, healer said something fancy and healed me, couldn't replicate it
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

Zydin

Post by Zydin »

This has happened to me. About 2 weeks ago, was low on health on my bard. Couple hours later they cured my poison.

Haven't been able to replicate it since, I don't think it would be reliable at all for macroing.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

The healers are picky about who they cure/heal.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

New players (low skills-total and stats) will be healed &/or cured by wandering healers if they are poisoned or low on health and in the vicinity of a wandering healer.

Their speech is something similar to "You look like you could use some healing.."
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

This happened to one of my characters once, long ago, only a short time after I first started on UOSA.

Sandro may be entirely correct. I will add that my experience involved my very first UOSA character, with a rather undeveloped (all melee skills 50ish) template, and it may indeed have happened during my 1st week of play (maybe 2nd); no similar event has recurred, with either that character, or any other.

I certainly can't endorse this as a reliable method to provide healing.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

It was originally a feature with the (young) status on OSI (implemented in '99), but we don't have that here... looks like we have some of the features of it though.

Young status expires at something like 350 total skills, 70 in a single skill or 40 hours of gameplay. Would not be reliable for macroing.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “New Player Help”