Casting magery in town

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Casting magery in town

Post by fooka03 »

Haha yea yea and the yellow is mustard right? I get what you're saying grom, and my experiences with town fights have been... catastrophic? Just get a little fed up with the whole 'tude that the hally mage is the only thing on this shard and every aspect has to revolve around them.

Magery in town isn't going to change, so either go out in the field to find pvp, or come up with other ideas for how you can have your pvp everywhere you want it.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Maybe I'm on crack, but I don't remember magery being completely ineffective in town when fighting a gray, warring guild, member of same guild or opposing faction (Chaos vs. Order). If I remember correctly, it was about severely hampering town-killing blues.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Nexus wrote:Maybe I'm on crack, but I don't remember magery being completely ineffective in town when fighting a gray, warring guild, member of same guild or opposing faction (Chaos vs. Order). If I remember correctly, it was about severely hampering town-killing blues.
i had a townie during t2a.. most the jap players were really dumb and didn't understand the rules of the game, i'd rape mages in town and then all their buddies would try and loot, guard whacks everywhere. of course those were during the days of ignorance and lag where people couldn't sprint away, you could just pwn people on foot. magery was awful in town, only a half clued in pvper knew to poison/whack or para/whack ftw

town fighting where neither parties lag = stalemate
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Myg

Post by Myg »

Faction fighting was never about killing people in a 1v1 like the mage combat was, it was always about territory and controlling towns.

If you chased the other faction out of town your faction was there to take control (do business with the non-factioned, or take advantage of them through thievery/grey baiting).

That is what Order/Choas was about; with their respective playstyles according to the name of course.

Nerva

Post by Nerva »

its retarded to not have casting damage in town. just makes one of the best O-C spots on any server a useless place for mages. we did to cast in town and do damage in that era, but its not fair, the era changed over time etc. this rule is like making towns half trammel. wow thats what we liked.. trammel it up for mages. doesnt even make sense.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nerva wrote:its retarded to not have casting damage in town. just makes one of the best O-C spots on any server a useless place for mages. we did to cast in town and do damage in that era, but its not fair, the era changed over time etc. this rule is like making towns half trammel. wow thats what we liked.. trammel it up for mages. doesnt even make sense.
There was no (direct) magery damage in any guarded town during the T2A era which we replicate on UOSA, our opinion on what would be better or not is antecdotal in the face of this fact.

Magery damage in guarded towns was introduced along with Felucca and Trammel, and the death of Britannia, in the UO:R era.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Derrick wrote:
Nerva wrote:introduced along with Felucca and Trammel, and the death of Britannia, in the UO:R era.
Lol, so true.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Derrick wrote: There was no (direct) magery damage in any guarded town during the T2A era which we replicate on UOSA, our opinion on what would be better or not is antecdotal in the face of this fact.

Magery damage in guarded towns was introduced along with Felucca and Trammel, and the death of Britannia, in the UO:R era.
We all play this server because we enjoyed the T2A era the most. Those of us who played during T2A know it wasn't perfect, but if we are going to have continuity and a base to determine what fly's and what doesn't that isn't arbitrary then we need to stick with era accuracy - whether it's convenient for pvp in town or not.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.