Housing problem?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Housing problem?

Post by Arkon »

REPORTED ISSUE: As of this morning, I'm unable to lock/unlock items or chop/place trash barrel with characters on the same account as the house owner in my home.

ISSUE DETAILS: See above.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: In houses.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Take character on the same account as the house owner (but not the house owner) and try to lock/unlock items.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Should be able to perform the actions listed above with characters on the same account as owner.

DATE REPORTED: 11/6/10

DATE STATUS CHANGED:
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Housing problem?

Post by Mikel123 »

Arkon... did this alternate character own a house himself recently?

I've run into a similar issue, perhaps.

Alvin owns a house, and Bob is on the same account. Bob is automatically made co-owner of Alvin's house.

Then Bob places his own house, forfeiting co-ownership of Alvin's house.

Then Bob demolishes his own house into a deed. So, he no longer owns a house.

Bob has no way to return to co-ownership of Alvin's house, even though he is supposed to be co-owner automatically.

alisiamaria

Post by alisiamaria »

I am also having the same problem with a character on the same account that owns no other houses.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Mikel123 wrote:Arkon... did this alternate character own a house himself recently?
One did, yes, but the other 3 that were having the same issue did not.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sorry about this trouble. In fixing a minor house command glitch overnight the ability for other characters on the house owners account to be treated as house co-owners as long as they didn't own another house was broken. This will be fixed on the next shard restart.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Np, thanks Derrick.