Poll: Multi Clienting

Topics related to Second Age

Should multi clienting be restricted?

No, 3 clients is fine.
38%
No, More clients please.
3%
Yes, a reduction to two clients connected at one time is preferred.
17%
Yes, I would like to see only one allowable client.
42%

Total votes: 95

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Poll: Multi Clienting

Post by Roser »

Interesting turnout, I'd like to see more votes tho.

Yew

Post by Yew »

wgensel wrote:I want a Seige ruleset voting option!
Personally, I agree completely with wgensel, although, this isn't the ruleset that I knew I was signing up for when I came to T2A.

I think changing the rules from what they were as originally stated would be wrong. If you got what was originally stated, and you don't like it, then that's fine. Although if you got what was originally stated, then it was all changed, then that's a problem.

If anything like this should be implemented, then it should be done so on a completely different (new) server. I'd gladly change over, but then player population suffers.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Yew wrote:If anything like this should be implemented, then it should be done so on a completely different (new) server. I'd gladly change over, but then player population suffers.
Indeed.

Although I can think of some way's to transition without loosing to much of the player base.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

No one needs more then 1 gd account anyways wtf are you all posting pros and cons for you all know good and gd well that 5 slots is plenty of characters.
No way in all hell any of you need more then 1 account for any reason.

I got 3 accounts myself i played 2 gd chars the rest stored extra houses or i ghost spawns with it or i have a macro set up to gate my other char out or i shear the hell out of some sheep and sell the bandaids.

Having more then one account is one of the stupidest ideas derrick has ever had.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Taken from another thread, but I think it applies here:
Derrick wrote:... I appreciate your interest in Second Age, and there's nothing wrong with the wanting of these things, but one persons bad mechanics are things that other people appreciate, and vice-versa... It's not a shard meant to satisfy the masses, I don't believe that to be possible.
When a poll has results so far of 27 people wanting the same number or more clients vs. 32 people who would like a reduction of clients, I think it's pretty clear it is not possible to satisfy the masses one way or another.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Yew

Post by Yew »

Before I ever created an account here, I read this:

Shard Rules and other information
by Derrick (Posted Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:46 pm)

This is a very preliminary list of the most basic, and sometimes obvious rules (and info) on Second Age.

Second Age is set in the T2A era of UO. These were very dangerous times in the land of Britannia; as such citizens who wander outside the protection of the guards do so at their own risk. Know how to protect yourself for you will be out of the reach of Lord British's assistance. Staff will not typically intervene in player affairs.

—There is a three account limit on Second Age.
—You should not be connected to Second Age on more than three accounts ever.

—We allow unattended macroing with Razor only(dl)
—No other software may be used for repetitive tasks.
—You may not gather things unattended. This includes Mining, Lumberjacking, lockpicking in dungeons, cotton picking/sheep shearing, and fishing in deep water.
—Non-EA/OSI Clients are not allowed.
—Reasonable character names are encouraged but not required.
—Obscene names may be changed at staff discretion
—House and Boat decay is 14 days if not refreshed.
—All characters on Second Age may own one house.
—There is no Young player status on Second Age.
—Accounts will Never be deleted due to inactivity.
—Respect the Staff. No one is being paid for their work here and we have gone to great lengths to find honest and competent staff members.
—We also expect the Staff to respect the Players. If you have an incident with a staff member we will do our best to find a way to resolve it.
—All staff instructions should be followed. You are welcome to voice objection after the fact.

http://www.uosecondage.com/Rules

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Yew wrote:Before I ever created an account here, I read this:

This is a very preliminary list of the most basic, and sometimes obvious rules (and info) on Second Age.

Second Age is set in the T2A era of UO. These were very dangerous times in the land of Britannia; as such citizens who wander outside the protection of the guards do so at their own risk. Know how to protect yourself for you will be out of the reach of Lord British's assistance. Staff will not typically intervene in player affairs.

—You may not gather things unattended. This includes Mining, Lumberjacking, lockpicking in dungeons, cotton picking/sheep shearing, and fishing in deep water.
—Respect the Staff. No one is being paid for their work here and we have gone to great lengths to find honest and competent staff members.
—We also expect the Staff to respect the Players. If you have an incident with a staff member we will do our best to find a way to resolve it.
—All staff instructions should be followed. You are welcome to voice objection after the fact.

Even the constitution gets amendments boss

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Pirul wrote:I think it's pretty clear it is not possible to satisfy the masses one way or another.

This is not something I think that would be directed at satisfying the masses.

I believe its an accuracy thing. Truly we should be allowed only one client per computer in the house (as accuracy would state). If you have 10 computer's and a set up similar to Neil Pert's drum set but with computer monitors instead of tom tom's, well then all the power to ya.

If you beat me on the field, I can potentially be anywhere in the world on my second account within seconds to fight for my corpse.... then one more time if u beat that character.... by then 5 minutes would have elapsed and I can log another character form the original account in to continue the cycle.... This is one of the many thing's multi-clienting allows for.

Multi-Clienting creates difficulty for newer players and benefits veteran players.

Edit: MC'ing does actually help new players macro if they figure it out, forgot about that one :P. I still stick to the previous statement for the bigger picture.

Yew

Post by Yew »

TheEttinKing wrote:
Yew wrote:Before I ever created an account here, I read this:

Even the constitution gets amendments boss

Indeed, and one could argue that that is not always a good thing.

I completely support the idea, my concerns lay with how it would be implemented.

xantier

Post by xantier »

nvm.
Image Image

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

I don't understand why people claiming that three accounts aren't needed seem to follow that with a caveat about how they used more than one account. It is very hard to take such positions seriously.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Arkon wrote:Not that it'll ever happen but I voted for 2 accounts. (Prefer 1 but I think a gradual transition would be best)

Theres been a few good reasons mentioned for a reduction in accounts, but for me it's about identity. Everyone has a PK, a crafter, a t-hunter, a thief, etc. I suppose in one regard it's nice because it's allowed me to do some things here I didn't get to do on OSI due to only 1 account, however I'd trade that for more personal identity here. Everyone having 3 accounts just doesn't feel like the authentic T2A experience to me.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, I think I understand why Rose made this poll and agree with the points Rose has made thus far.
Yes. Back in the day most did not have time to work every character type in the game...this led to player interaction...in a MMORPG....

I miss the real player interaction...and i'm not talking about how i'm able to track someone down and interact if I try. I'm talking about how it was CONSTANT player interaction in ALL facets of the game.

I miss that.
Special Projects Minion.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

This shard has already existed longer then the actual t2a era (much longer then our target time frame). Of course more people will have more completed characters.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Panthor the Hated wrote:This shard has already existed longer then the actual t2a era (much longer then our target time frame). Of course more people will have more completed characters.
My character was more developed here in about 4 days than it ever was during T2A :P

Multi clienting, low population and stable connections make character creation a breeze.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fender »

I like multi clienting. Ive played UO When it was fun to play and quit when Trammel came out. Now I play on this shard. I dont play enough to be any type of ass-kickin PvPer so I just chill and craft when I got the time. A few of my crafters need magery and other skills I can macro while my gatherer gets resources.

It works for me.