A Guards Journal

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Eddard

A Guards Journal

Post by Eddard »

Journal Entry #1

It's an especially windy day today. The sound of the waves crashing against the cliff face feels very calming. Wandering Shadowmire has become my daily past time. Beyond the castle the creatures in the swamp find their way past the thick walls barring them from the city proper. Just earlier today when returning to my home I came upon three creatures, Lizardmen I believe they are called. They had beat in my door and ransacked my home. I promptly disposed of the vile things but it has had me thinking, we need more men. More guards to patrol the streets and man the walls. I'll have to think more on this but one thing is for sure...something must be done.

Eddard Vahanian
High Constable
Last edited by Eddard on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eddard Vahanian
High Constable of Shadowmire

Eddard

Re: A Guards Journal

Post by Eddard »

Journal Entry #2

My desk is littered with parchments concerning the decorators and the builders work orders and bills. I never much liked the paperwork involved in running a city but it has to be done right? Maybe i'll have to find an assistant to take care of the minor details for me. I press my seal into the warm wax on yet another parchment, another bill paid. Progress is slow and the work tedious but still I see things coming together every day and it pleases me. Other than the sound of hammers on nails and the sound of the caravans coming into the city loaded with supplies, it's pretty quiet around here. But I know soon the streets will be filled with adventurers and the black clad colors of the Guard will be seen on every corner.
Eddard Vahanian

Eddard

Post by Eddard »

Journal Entry #3

This morning as I stood looking over the castle I gave a nod mostly to myself in satisfaction as the decorators and movers shuffled about putting last moment things in place and adding their little tweaks. It had indeed turned out much better than they had all anticipated. Glancing over at Sir Rellik he to had a smile on his face. The long weeks of hard labor were finally coming to fruition. As I left the castle I pulled my cloak closer around my shoulders as the cool breeze came in from the water. Heading around to the east side of the castle I came to my humble quarters. I kicked back in my chair resting my feet on the table with a long sigh. It had indeed been a productive day and I could feel the ache in my bones. Just as I had begun to dose off I heard a knock at my door. Upon opening it stood a boy dressed in lavish clothing, ahhh the King must be sending for me I thought and the boy confirmed my suspicions. Returning to the castle I met with Lord Damien, the one we had dubbed the Dragon King. Not who I had planned to see but very welcome company indeed.
"My lord, Eddard. Care to join me on a little....hunt?" he had asked me without even looking to see who had entered. Now normally I had no reserves about going for a hunt but my usual business was slaying dragons. Not fighting beside the beasts! But we do not call him the Dragon King for nothing. I pulled out my whetstone and gave my halbred a few passes, checking the sharpness.
"Well Dragon King, let's see how badly you can get me injured tonight." I said as I stood walking towards the door. I could hear him snicker behind me, it was going to be an interesting night indeed.
Eddard Vahanian

Eddard

Post by Eddard »

Journal Entry #4

It was late in the evening and the sounds of battle echoed throughout the valley. The Dragon King and his entourage of dragons held their ground against a gang of the one eyed brutes, their fiery breath scorching the ground. Sir Rellik and his Knights Templar surrounded others, their swords gleaming in the sunlight as they hacked the cyclopse to bits. We had entered the valley only moments before, flowing through a moongate and slaughtering every beast we had encountered in the vicinity. The command was given to regroup, set up a perimeter, loot, and then pack up. I could barely see through the slits in my helm as the sweat began to trickle from my forehead down into my eyes. I removed it, wiping the back of my glove across my forehead. Replacing my helm I spurred my horse forward. And before you knew it we were gone. The systematic slaughter of the one eyes and other creatures began until it seemed every thing in the valley had been slain. At one point i recall almost feeling sorry for them, as I stood over one staring at its corpse. My blade was buried in it's chest, his lifeless eye staring up at me in such agony. I pulled my blade free and wiped it clean on its tattered tunic, replacing it in its scabbard on my hip. I turned away then, the thought leaving my mind and joined the Dragon King and Sir Rellik next to the supply wagons that had arrived. The men had already begun loading up the chests of gold and resources we had acquired from the days excursion. And before you knew it we were gone. And in our path we left nothing but the burnt husks and mangled corpses of the dead.
Eddard Vahanian

Eddard

Post by Eddard »

Journal Entry #5

With a pained stretch and a yawn I rolled out of my bed this morning and dressed myself for the day. Strolling up to the castle I could smell the food the cooks were laboring with and my mouth began to water. My stomach began echoing my mouths cry for sustenance. The days of training have blurred into weeks and I have fell into a solid routine. Things couldn't be going any better here in Shadowmire. The city nearly complete, I have been focusing all my attention and energy towards training and I can see the improvement in myself and the others already. We still have a long way to go but the future seems bright. I took my place at a bench and the servants began setting hoards of food in front of me. I more than gladly inhaled every piece of food set on the table and looking down at the line of men I could see they were doing the same. I have begun to make many friends in my comrades, no more than friends, we have become brothers and sisters. Doing whatever we can to better one another and make a brighter future for those that follow us. I couldn't be more proud of the dedication and loyalty our men and women have proven they possessed. With each passing day we grow stronger, and I can't wait to see what the future holds in store for us. The only thing on my mind as I walked away from the table was today's training and the recruitment of more soldiers. Surely these are dark times in the land of Sosaria. But with more men and women like these I know that we can prevail against any evil that has turned their eye on us. And so I close today's entry with a saying I once heard...

No man is an island, entire to itself;
Every man is a piece of the continent.
Eddard Vahanian