Poll: Multi Clienting

Topics related to Second Age

Should multi clienting be restricted?

No, 3 clients is fine.
38%
No, More clients please.
3%
Yes, a reduction to two clients connected at one time is preferred.
17%
Yes, I would like to see only one allowable client.
42%

Total votes: 95

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Poll: Multi Clienting

Post by Roser »

I abuse multi clienting pretty hard right now, Ive got 9 pk's, and ill tell you it would effect me substantially.

My whole thing is this; being able to run 3 account's really does not feel like an authentic t2a experience. Although multi clienting did occur on a very rare scale in era, it was not doable on one computer console, thus being able to run 3 character's simultaneously would have been an extremely rare feat if it happened at all (3 comp's beside each other, 3 separate account's, and one hell of an advanced internet connection for the time).

This and razor are truly the elephant in the room when is comes to era accuracy.

Feldar wrote:this would be great if the shard has just opened but to try to make a change like this now isnt very likely..
Aye this is true.

Perhaps a gradual transition could occur if willed, who knows.

Or! Derrick opens another shard that doesn't allow any 3rd party programs/multi-clienting/unattented macroing, all with the same scripts hes perfected over the years.

Just dreaming here that's all.... :D

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

If multi-clienting is ruining your T2A experience, why not stop doing it?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Using 3 accounts isn't an abuse. Also no "scales" are rare.

Just use words you're familiar with instead of trying to act smart Rose.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

It's not about my t2a experience, its about everyone's collectively.

The list of thing's that multi clienting enables you to do is long, and to opt out of using it while your competitors do has a hindering effect on the field.

Let's keep it legit here dobbsy baby.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

I'm skeptical that you're really concerned about my experience on UOSA, which is quite fine and enjoyable as it is.

But then again I choose not to run three clients at once. You can do the same.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

BobDobbs wrote:I'm skeptical that you're really concerned about my experience on UOSA, which is quite fine and enjoyable as it is.

But then again I choose not to run three clients at once. You can do the same.
I'd rather see 1 client per person. One client per IP would mean my wife and I couldn't play together.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

I just really can't take a poll calling for the removal of multi-clienting seriously when it comes from someone who ran archer turrets.

All of a sudden he's concerned about other UOSA players?

I don't multi-client, but I don't think other people should be kept from doing so simply because Rose has taken up a new crusade.
UOSA Last.fm group!

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

GuardianKnight wrote:1.It opens up housing for new players and old.
2. It makes crafters possibly more useful.
3. It curves pking.
4. It slows down ghosting.
5. It puts people out in the world for more things rather than macroing with yourself.
6. added to 5 ( It gives noobs people to play with who aren't macroing).
I believe what you are arguing is multi-accounts GK..
BobDobbs wrote:If multi-clienting is ruining your T2A experience, why not stop doing it?
Just stopping multi-clienting yourself doesnt fix anything related to whats being argued.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

BobDobbs wrote:I just really can't take a poll calling for the removal of multi-clienting seriously when it comes from someone who ran archer turrets.

All of a sudden he's concerned about other UOSA players?

I don't multi-client, but I don't think other people should be kept from doing so simply because Rose has taken up a new crusade.

Hold on there partner, I'm going to have to correct you on a few things here...

This poll is not calling for the removal of multi-clienting, I'm sorry you perceived it that way.

I sure am concerned about other UOSA players, if they do not exist then I have no one to play with :/. But that's very off topic and need not be discussed further.

As far as being a crusade... YES!, It's a crusade to find out the opinion of UOSA players on the multi-clienting issue.

K thanx dobb's I understand you don't like me, stop trying to de-rail this thread. Looks like you have stated your opinion on the matter, unless that's changed please move on.

Other input has been great so far.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Rose wrote:Other input has been great so far.
I think this has already been hashed and re-hashed.. but i have always been down for 1 account allowed and 1 concurrent connection at all times.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... lit=+multi

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I just play this game like I feel it was intended, to create my own experience. Like not macroing out of stat (ressing with penalties), not coming back to the scene of a fight on an alt when I lose, no ghosting - generally just using 1 character to do most things. It makes the game more fun for ME even if people think I'm retarded for rebuilding stat chars rather than leaving them logged in 24/7.
Last edited by nightshark on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

*edit* faustus says i can't take part in forums without a fight . Deleted.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Not that it'll ever happen but I voted for 2 accounts. (Prefer 1 but I think a gradual transition would be best)

Theres been a few good reasons mentioned for a reduction in accounts, but for me it's about identity. Everyone has a PK, a crafter, a t-hunter, a thief, etc. I suppose in one regard it's nice because it's allowed me to do some things here I didn't get to do on OSI due to only 1 account, however I'd trade that for more personal identity here. Everyone having 3 accounts just doesn't feel like the authentic T2A experience to me.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, I think I understand why Rose made this poll and agree with the points Rose has made thus far.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

I want a Seige ruleset voting option!

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Rose wrote:I support the idea of reducing the amount of possible clients connected at one time.

I just want to see where peoples heads are at on this matter.
This won't happen.

Because BoBDobbs said so.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink: