Casting field spells in town.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
oliVeR

Casting field spells in town.

Post by oliVeR »

I remember you used to be able to cast spells outside of town, run inside town and target an area and the spell would be cast. After I believe they changed it to even if you target in town the spell would not cast. Anyone know if this has been argued before? Any input?

For ex - Cast energy vortex outside of town or fire field - run inside and target the ground.

oliVeR

Re: Casting field spells in town.

Post by oliVeR »

Edit: This DOES work with fire field but not with energy vortex. But I for sure remember ev being able to be cast this way.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm not sure myself; hopefully someone else will have some info on this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I think I did this on UOSA in early 2010, was there a patch related to town spells since january?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 4&p=207883

There's a discussion on this in that thread.

Long story short: in our era, Fire Field cannot be cast inside of town, but can be cast outside of town and targeted within town.

All other field spells (Wall of Stone, Blade Spirit, Poison Field, Meteor Swarm, Earthquake, etc.) can be cast in town.

oliVeR

Post by oliVeR »

Mikel123 wrote:http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 4&p=207883

There's a discussion on this in that thread.

Long story short: in our era, Fire Field cannot be cast inside of town, but can be cast outside of town and targeted within town.

All other field spells (Wall of Stone, Blade Spirit, Poison Field, Meteor Swarm, Earthquake, etc.) can be cast in town.
I can't seem to cast these spells in town (or outside and run in). I will try to experiment a little more with this. But I do remember we used to cast them outside of town and run in and EV afkers lol

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

No, we can't here, but should be able to. The only one we correctly cannot cast is Fire Field, which was the first field spell to be prevented in-town.