Tamed Nightmare Attacking Blues

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
haize

Tamed Nightmare Attacking Blues

Post by haize »

Ok let me set this situation up step by step.

- Rode into Delucia on my mare
- Went to bull spawn in town, north of healers
- Saw 2 bulls, Put mare on one, then other (so both were hitting mare)
- Mare killed one, then other
- I walked over and was harvesting leather/meat
- As i was looting, mare attacked a blue npc (assume healer) through the building wall
- Mare flagged grey, i was blue
- I quickly said all follow me and mounted mare

Please ask questions if you need any more info..this is a matter of life and death for mares! PETA will not like this!! :)

Faust

Re: Tamed Nightmare Attacking Blues

Post by Faust »

I can't imagine the mare attacking the healer through a wall since LOS is required for an attack to initiate. Aggressive creatures can only 'seek' something through a wall but not actually attack. I'm assuming the mare probably aggro'd a blue tamed creature but not sure why it would to be honest.

haize

Post by haize »

Faust wrote:I can't imagine the mare attacking the healer through a wall since LOS is required for an attack to initiate. Aggressive creatures can only 'seek' something through a wall but not actually attack. I'm assuming the mare probably aggro'd a blue tamed creature but not sure why it would to be honest.
well you may be right but i have allnames on a hotkey and i did not see any blue pets in the area ..this is how i targeted the bulls i mentioned..well made sure they werent tamed anyways..but um..regardless of what the mare actually agrod..point is he nearly got gwhacked for agroing something blue in town...bad mare bad!! *gets whip*

haize

Post by haize »

you know i just thought of something..he was fighting the bulls pretty close to the north wall of healer shack...um do mares mass curse now? i havent been playing for the past 3 patches or so..i may have missed that? this might be the problem..and if so...my bad then..although yoda did not mention this to be a cause...but i just had this thought...something i would expect from a wyrm fighting in town but not a mare unless they got it patched in recently??

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, good call on that I think. Mares will mass curse with sufficient magery skill; this was very likely the reason for this. I'm surprised that the healer would not have called the guards, and it may have been the nature of the indirect attack that resulted in him not doing so.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

haize

Post by haize »

scary thought...well ill be more careful with mares then...frenzy will suffice for leather gathering anyways :p

thx