Ticks and weapon speed

Moderator: Support Moderators

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ticks and weapon speed

Post by wgensel »

I have no where concrete to point except for this post, but I trust all of Mikel123's research as he seems well versed in this stuff.

Mikel123 wrote:Trick question. I don't suggest a Med Warrior :-)

Seriously though, if anything, you can put Wrestling as your 7th skill, but Meditation is a waste in my opinion.

So, is this for pvp or pvm? If you're fighting monsters, let's say you use a q-staff. 109 stamina is where you attain a swing every 1.25 ticks. On the other hand, for PvM, you might be happy without using blue potions... in which case, 79 stamina is where you'd gain a swing every 1.5 seconds (78 stamina is 1.75). Now, me personally, I'd add about 12 stamina as a "buffer", for having pushed through something (-10 for pushing through something big) and another 2 stamina from fatigue from running. So, let's say 79+12 = 91. So I'd go with 91 Dex, minimum, to help ensure I was always swinging at max speed.

For PvP, you're sadly better off weapon cycling (disarming, waiting until a wrestling swing has loaded, then re-arming and using the wrestling swing with a weapon). But, for disrupting Recalls, Greater Heals, and whatever else, if you want to swing every 1.25 seconds, again you'll need 109+ stamina. Let's say 110 because I always seem to be down 1 stamina from running. So 90 raw Dex is as low as I'd go, and you'll have to be real vigilant about red and blue potions.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Also note disturb delay will add another 0.5s or whatever, you don't have to swing every 1.25s but it all helps.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

@ wgensel:

Yes, I've followed the expansion of this topic, and noted the explicit instruction to round down, and I've been wondering about it ever since.

Worse comes to worst, I can grab a guildie and go at him with a butter knife for a minute, using Razor to track the time: the magnitude of 1 full tick will show up easily, considering such a time frame.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.