Great Lakes 1997- 2001

Topics related to Second Age
Valdric

Great Lakes 1997- 2001

Post by Valdric »

This may be a long shot since there are tons of player-run shards out there (of course, not as good as UOSA), but I'm wondering if we have any former Great Lakes players here who may have been part of (or played alongside) Dark Guard led by Abraxxus of Hell and/or OSS (rp guild) led by Neo?

Another guild I affiliated myself with for a short time was the Farland Clan, led by Angus Farland and Pappy.

I was Valdric Flagg—not a famous player, but I have very fond memories of running from Sir Bart and others from Black Company.

I miss those days.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Great Lakes 1997- 2001

Post by Roser »

I played during this time frame, you could have found me hanging out on the northern peninsula of Yew in a small guild house called Seekers of Sosoria SoS (noob guild). At this time I played a swords dexer named "Ausmodius".

After I got somewhat of a grasp on pvp, my friends and I moved to a small house West of trinsic along the mountains. This is where my first pk "Rose" was known to be stomping around.

I cant remember names much from this time but Artemis was one of the dudes in our lil pk crew.

I wish I could find my old friend "Arkot" that I used to bounce around free shards with, Arkot if your mysteriously out thee PM me! We played Tieravon as drow elves together remember!

Valdric

Post by Valdric »

We had an Artemis in the 'Great Lakes Alliance' of guilds on the shard; not sure if that was the same one though...

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Played on Great Lakes from day 1 of retail until sometime after T2A's release.

Character names I remember having:

Boris (Blacksmith)
Automatic Jack (Maker of chumboxes)

I honestly don't remember any other ones. :(
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

BigTheo

Post by BigTheo »

I played then as well. Was Loki Bhey of GLS, PCE and a few others. Located on Dagger Island for the majority of the time fightin CPT.

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

I was Kaydon Bhey on dagger island, same as BigTheo.... member of GLS.... fighting CPT on that ice island of ours. Had a castle there for years.
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Angela/JoHn PaUl - CPT/PEE fighting you guys on ice. :)
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

BigTheo

Post by BigTheo »

holy shit jp how ya doin? been a long time. anyone else from that time period around these parts?

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

welcome to the server buddy

Valdric

Post by Valdric »

Thanks, the last 5 days have been really nostalgic.

The only thing I worry about with player-run shards is the possibility of them disappearing.

It sounds like UOSA has been running strong now for a few years, but there's always a lingering feeling that all the time spent and invested in playing on this shard might be lost if one day I login and find it no longer exists.

I've read a lot on these forums since I signed up, and it seems like Derrick is pretty committed to this shard, so maybe I shouldn't worry so much...