Economic Indicators

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Economic Indicators

Post by Cromwell »

I think it would be a nice addition. We could have things like:
(Count only the active players,update everyday onto site)

Amount of gold
Number of players
Amount of gold per person
Number of GMs in each field
Quantity of materials in banks, houses

If it wouldn't be too difficult, we could also have a list of all of the items in player vendors and their average price (take off top %10 for error)
Maybe even track vendor (player & npc) transactions, so people will know what to supply.

I think it would bring some more depth into the game, and it would be interesting to watch how the numbers change over time
Here's the article that brought this possibility to my attention:

The In-game Economics of Ultima Online
http://www.mine-control.com/zack/uoecon/uoecon.html

What do you think?
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Economic Indicators

Post by BlackFoot »

i know some of thsoe features are available already, might wanna take a look at those on the main webpage
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

The vendor idea sounds really neat, I wouldn't mind seeing this at all. Good idea!

Faust

Post by Faust »

BlackFoot is correct. A few of those features can be found at the main site's statistics section here below.

http://my.uosecondage.com/stats.aspx

Also, I don't think it's a bad idea at all to add more data to the statistics web site. It would be very interesting to be able to watch the status of the economy.

Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Cromwell »

BlackFoot wrote:i know some of thsoe features are available already, might wanna take a look at those on the main webpage
I believe that those on the webpage show all players, regardless of activity. And, merchant skills are only included in other.
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. I'd very much like to expand the info in my.UOSA, I've been trying to get to it for a while now

I'd never thought of this, I think Economy stuff, like a daily Gross Shard Product would be neat

Thanks guys!

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

I like the idea of watching the economy. Gives players (especially new ones) an idea of what range to sell things for.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

I vote we open up the Britannia Trade Centers! Have our own version of the NASDAQ and DOW and then we can buy stocks on the thief guild and such and make or lose money! Gold sink woot! :lol: :lol:
Tanque / Chinchilla (crafter) / St Drahcir - (ingame characters)

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

StDrahcir wrote:I vote we open up the Britannia Trade Centers! Have our own version of the NASDAQ and DOW and then we can buy stocks on the thief guild and such and make or lose money! Gold sink woot! :lol: :lol:
Then Wylan can become a terrorist and crash a horse into it!
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Kharza

Post by Kharza »

I represent the largest bank on this shard.. everyone please give me 5,000g to offset the current economic conditions.. I'll pay you back in the year 2025.

Thank you,
Khar