Insanely fast stat gains?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
MadTaco

Insanely fast stat gains?

Post by MadTaco »

Is this normal for this server? For example, I'm able to spam snooping using Last Object on someone and get Dexterity with absolutely no problem at all. Just wondered if this is an intended feature. Apologies if this is in plain sight somewhere.

Thank you,

MadTaco

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Insanely fast stat gains?

Post by BlackFoot »

i think the faster the skill gains the faster your gain stats,
so at 0 snooping you will gain dex really fast, but at 99 snooping you will gain dex real slow
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Red

Post by Red »

This is how it worked back then, or so I remember. Although, I don't remember gaining stats when you aren't gaining any skills.

I do remember gaining massive str/dex from herding dogs and cats, but this was right when herding became difficulty based, so you wouldn't really gain a whole lot of herding dogs/cats, maybe 30-40 max after getting 100 str/dex.

Purge

Post by Purge »

Red wrote:This is how it worked back then, or so I remember. Although, I don't remember gaining stats when you aren't gaining any skills.

I do remember gaining massive str/dex from herding dogs and cats, but this was right when herding became difficulty based, so you wouldn't really gain a whole lot of herding dogs/cats, maybe 30-40 max after getting 100 str/dex.

believe thats true b/c of the 700 point see saw stuff everyone did

btw was power hour uor?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Power hour was in fact UOR.

The problem that lies with stat advancement is because of these two patches in '00 just before the UOR publish.
Stat advancement will now raise at a more constant, consistent rate. All skills will raise their appropriate stats (including combat skills) and you will be able to gain stats consistently regardless of the level of the skill, rather than only when reaching a high level in that skill.

Each skill will raise its appropriate stats. For skills that raise multiple stats, some stats are weighted more heavily than others. Therefore, stat gains from skills such as these will be based on how much weight is given to the individual stats. For instance, Anatomy will raise INT more often, though it still has a chance to raise STR and DEX.
The chance to gain a stat from skill usage will be increased.
Stats will now only have a chance raise when you successfully gain in a skill.
The exception to this are skills that are marked as “up” and are at GM level (100.0). The system for gaining Stats from GM skills will not be changed.
Previously before the first patch stats essentially would be more consistent in gains at higher levels of a skill. The combination of these two patches pretty much made it where the lower the skill the better the stat gain since it was based on successful skill gains. This gave birth to the see-saw method. It also gave birth to the bug that allowed you to gain stats at 0.0 with a skill pointed up at skill cap that yielded significantly fast stat gains without even having to see-saw it.