Official UOSA Holidays

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Official UOSA Holidays

Post by chumbucket »

I may have posted this idea long ago, but UOSA needs its own holidays. Might I suggest three:

1. International Hemperor Day: The fourth Wednesday of every October is dedicated to celebrating the life, struggles, and triumphs of UOSA's greatest player, that colossus of a Canadian, a man who drinks fortified wine like most people breath air--hemperor.

2. Dress Like chumbucket Day: Once a year, everyone is supposed to dress like me. I forget exactly what day that is. I think it was January 6th.

3. Trammel Day: For one day a year, the Trammel ruleset is enabled.

Also, there could be some sort of day of remembrance for Josh Lee.

OK. Probably staff wouldn't want to put an official endorsement behind any of these particular days, but still the basic idea is sound!

Sum_Mors

Re: Official UOSA Holidays

Post by Sum_Mors »

You forgot Siege Year.

For one year only (every year), Siege Perilous rule set.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I especially like number 3. I think that this should be player coordinated though (although we probably won't be able to do pushing stamina). I would be willing to post in the MOTD on Trammel day the Trammel ruleset, and everyone will have to follow the rules or be subject to public ridicule. :lol:
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Krats

Post by Krats »

does that mean for a day we would have ethy llamas? and then poof we fall on our .. pumpkins at midnight?
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

there should be an "end of the world" event on the day before the official release of UOR. not sure what the exact date was, but it could be made into a pretty cool annual event. celebrating the end of the greatest gaming era of our time.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

ClowN wrote:there should be an "end of the world" event on the day before the official release of UOR. not sure what the exact date was, but it could be made into a pretty cool annual event. celebrating the end of the greatest gaming era of our time.
Would be era-accurate. On Pacific gm-controlled red liches invaded all the towns and such before trammel happened.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

ClowN wrote:there should be an "end of the world" event on the day before the official release of UOR. not sure what the exact date was, but it could be made into a pretty cool annual event. celebrating the end of the greatest gaming era of our time.
I do not like having holidays glorifying some of the worst (and even banned) players to play this shard. Though I know it is ment to be mocking, im sure Hemp loves the attention. So I will not give him the satisfaction. The best suggestion I've heard here is this one. End of the world. That is great. I think it should be a shard wide (Every town) invasion event of some kind. Maybe with custom npc "Trammelites" invading.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger