Magincia Bank

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Magincia Bank

Post by Hicha »

You should be able to target a tile on a roof and set it as LastTarget, then go directly underneath it, hit your Teleport spell, then hit LastTarget and it would bounce you up to the tile you were targeting.

I learned this trick at the start of UO:R, so I'm pretty sure it was around in T2A.

The method of logging out, placing a large object like an armoire or chest, then logging in and getting bounced up or down the z-axis was removed because I believe people were getting bumped up to tower wings on UOSA. Might've just been hearsay, but thats the last I remember hearing about it.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

you could also cast an energy field on the bottom floor of a small tower, log out & log back in, and be on the 2nd floor..

idk how long that was actually around before it was patched though..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

im sure ive seen people ask about the whole 'teleport onto the tile above you' thing. i remember someone saying the way line of sight works on runuo is not the same as it worked on osi which is why you cant do it.

Derrick

Re: Magincia Bank, Line of Sight.

Post by Derrick »

We are currently testing a new Line-Of-Sight algorythm on test center. I would be interested to know if people are able to teleport to the expected places there.

Be advised this is very preliminary code, and not all of it is fully verified. This is only a test.

Thanks!

note: this is unrelated to the issue of bouncing up a tile if logging in "within" an item.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

Nice, maybe I'll test this later! And nightshark, I heard that you can't do the original method anymore based on the client we use, but I don't know if that's actually true or not. Besides teleing though, if you go to $$$ rune library they have a lot of public roofs marked.

Jack Nickelson

Post by Jack Nickelson »

"I've got no idea how people get onto roofs here."

Maybe the roofs on public places are different. Anyone could, at one point in time, make their way to the Nujelm Bank and cast teleport while standing in the bank doorway and land on the roof. I just recalled up to there from Moonglow. The Nujelm Marketplace, next to the GY is also teleportable and recallable the last time I tried.

Hadn't been there in awhile but I was suprised to see the activity - boats in the harbour and rooftop bankers.

Jack Nickelson

Volo

Post by Volo »

Sandro wrote:I seem to remember there being a little canal under magincia bank, and if im not mistaken once you got down there, there was room for 1 small boat to be placed.

Could be wrong about that part though..

There was a canal underneath the bank im trying to find a pic of it not sure if you could put a boat down there..
"Hangin in the J since back in the day"The Jhelom Regulars

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Seems good from playing last night. I did log on test for a while and noticed there were some weird LOS issues with picking up items out of bags, in that concreted area by the hedge duel arenas. There is also a hat next to the healers that I could not pick up at all (it wasn't in a bag). It just kept saying something like "that can not be seen".
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:Seems good from playing last night. I did log on test for a while and noticed there were some weird LOS issues with picking up items out of bags, in that concreted area by the hedge duel arenas. There is also a hat next to the healers that I could not pick up at all (it wasn't in a bag). It just kept saying something like "that can not be seen".
We published an update this morning that fixed the issues with seeing Contained items. Players were having trouble looting corpses as well. Sadly I missed the hat, I'd like to try to reproduce that one, if you have a chance please contact me to show me where it was sitting.
Thanks much!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."