windows xp 64 and razor not showing

Usual_Suspect

windows xp 64 and razor not showing

Post by Usual_Suspect »

I wanted to play again but I'm having a problem. I just installed on my new computer and I can't get razor to show. I'm running windows xp 64 bit. please let me know if you've had this problem and know how to fix it.
thanks
Jake

Dagon

Re: windows xp 64 and razor not showing

Post by Dagon »

Usual_Suspect wrote:I'm running windows xp 64 bit.
lol. why? that's almost as pointless as ... well, i have no comparison.. but xp 64 was never really supported by hardware or software, it was a gimmick OS.

well anyhow, i dont know what you mean you cant get razor to show.... explain more?

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Any error message?

Do you have .NET 2.0 framework installed? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Usual_Suspect

Post by Usual_Suspect »

I can run razor and login to my account but I can't open razor to set macros and what not. no errors. I have xp 64 because I bought the computer used and that's what the guy before me had..

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

I have no idea what the issue is, however I experienced the exact same thing on my Win 7 64 bit system I bought a few months ago. I downloaded and installed the new client setup and was getting the same thing. I got annoyed, uninstalled it, and grabbed the UOSA_Client_Setup.exe that I downloaded in December of last year (it was still on my laptop). Installed that client and no problems at all.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

i think by default if razor gets minimized it starts up in your system tray near the clock . . do you have a razor icon there?

click on it

Usual_Suspect

Post by Usual_Suspect »

I have the razor icon in the dock I just can't open it. I can right click it and choose show hide toggle etc but can't get it to show to set my macros.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

I just loaded up XP 64 (sp 0) in a virtual machine and installed .net framework 2.0 sp2, and have no problems whatsoever with Razor. It works as it should.

So you can't see the Razor window AT ALL? never? when you start razor you have the server login box, you hit ok to connect and it fires up the client, and razor just goes to the tray and you cant view it?

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's loading "off screen" somehow.. and since you've got it in the tray there's no task bar icon to click on to move it into view.

Try this..... (while razor is closed)
run notepad and open default.xml from C:\Program Files (x86)\Razor\Profiles

find the WindowX and WindowX properties about 20 lines down, and whatever the values are change them to 0 like this

Code: Select all

<property name="WindowX" type="System.Int32">0</property>
	<property name="WindowY" type="System.Int32">0</property>
save the file and then start up razor ..... see if it's on the screen and visible now.

optionally, go further down and change the systray property from true to false, to put it in your task bar instead of the tray

Code: Select all

<property name="Systray" type="System.Boolean">False</property>

Usual_Suspect

Post by Usual_Suspect »

You're a genius Dagon. Thanks a lot.