Make Remove Trap useful.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Khronus

Re: Make Remove Trap useful.

Post by Khronus »

It's probably worth publicising that it's a great skill combined with stealth to get in grab treasure and get out undetected.
My bad i misunderstood this and thought u were talking about t-chests thats why i said u get revelead for removing items from chest...
Visit Khronus Mall 2 Screens North From Brit Moongate!!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. those are a different beast.

Tanis

Post by Tanis »

how bout this:

magic unlock is only effective on level one chests, so make telekenesis only effective level one chests as well...level 2 or above chests would require remove trap...in my opinion this would save from making anything usless and bring importance to skills.

alatar

Post by alatar »

That would make t-mapping rediculously difficult.. However I am all for more difficulty, just maybe with more thought put into it.. I have never known anyone, to legitly GM remove trap..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

platy

Post by platy »

alatar wrote:That would make t-mapping rediculously difficult.. However I am all for more difficulty, just maybe with more thought put into it.. I have never known anyone, to legitly GM remove trap..
oh it can be done :wink:

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I was Gm magery meditation hiding stealth lockpick character in my t2a days. I never managed to get 100 in remove trap it was by far the hardest skill i have ever trained. I believe i maxed it out at around 93 but I could remove every dungeon trap in the game. I used this character for most of my money making. Recall in, stealth around dungeons looting all of the chests unrevealed. Lockpicking was a walk in the park compared to this skill but it was definatley worth it. i never had to reveal myself in the most dangerous situations to loot chests. Those deep dungeon chests were equal or better loot than most high end monsters with exception of magic items.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Deja vu

Post by Deja vu »

When did the S-P server for OSI come out? I know for a fact in that server/shard you could not tel-pop chests there.

eddierock

Post by eddierock »

it's a great skill combined with stealth to get in grab treasure and get out undetected
that's exactly the point. remove trap doesn't reveal you, and it should be era accurate as far as i remember.
that's why it doesn't need any further implementation.

basically it's a skill for an all-around thief who is able to hang out in a dungeon without beeing seen, and get everything out of chests.
also, think about doing lvl4 t-chest without having to deal with any mob (after someone else digs of course)... it's cleaner, and that's the difference between a pure thief- t-hunter and a half mage.
uo was a greatly designed game. the only skill that i really can not imagine a use for is herding lol (except for boosting stats in this shard). my 1st char on osi was a shepherd it got PKed after 15 minutes of game.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

eddierock wrote:
it's a great skill combined with stealth to get in grab treasure and get out undetected
that's exactly the point. remove trap doesn't reveal you, and it should be era accurate as far as i remember.
that's why it doesn't need any further implementation.

basically it's a skill for an all-around thief who is able to hang out in a dungeon without beeing seen, and get everything out of chests.
also, think about doing lvl4 t-chest without having to deal with any mob (after someone else digs of course)... it's cleaner, and that's the difference between a pure thief- t-hunter and a half mage.
uo was a greatly designed game. the only skill that i really can not imagine a use for is herding lol (except for boosting stats in this shard). my 1st char on osi was a shepherd it got PKed after 15 minutes of game.
Too bad I can't herd a horse around while a person is riding it ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Dirty Jack

Post by Dirty Jack »

Hate being a necromancer, but this skill still seems totally useless. Is it not possible to make it a little better, by remove the 1 tile thing or just make the explosion bigger when you trigger the trap ?

Sorry for bringing all this back and for my bad english. Please forgive me.

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

I seem to remember more dart traps.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

1.Dungeon chests on UOSA are always explosion, or mostly. This should not be so.

2.Not all dungeon chests should even be trapped (they were ALL trapped on Siege).

3.You can move 1 tile back and open ANY trapped dungeon chest without taking damage.
(I dont think this should be possible at all)

The third one there is what is crippling remove-trap as a skill.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There are some massive issues with lockpicking I think.

First, you should be able to GM off of player-made chests. Not that you need GM lockpicking to unlock all dungeon chests; supposedly you don't. There's tons of documentation on this in this forum and in the groups archives.

Second, apparently there can be multiple traps, requiring multiple Telekinesis uses?!?!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 0cca7ccd8f
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 1d046686f1

Third, the chests can re-grow their loot without being re-trapped?! (see first link above). It appears the trapping and respawning of loot are independent of each other.

That's all I can find for now. I thought we had some documentation here about the one-step-back trip, but I could be wrong.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

^Yeah there are many issues where loot should "re-grow". There was a time when people kept monsters in their houses because they would continue to create loot. Same should apply for containers imo.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

MatronDeWinter wrote:^Yeah there are many issues where loot should "re-grow". There was a time when people kept monsters in their houses because they would continue to create loot. Same should apply for containers imo.
Town chests lock, trap, and spawn loot independently from what I've seen.