Suggestion: 3rd place matchup in tournaments

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Suggestion: 3rd place matchup in tournaments

Post by son »

If the players exceed 16, how about a 3rd place matchup?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Suggestion: 3rd place matchup in tournaments

Post by fox_phyre »

As long as they don't get silver for third. silver is for winners and runner-ups imo
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

pro

with silver of course, anything else doesn't make sense

maybe for tourneys with 19 participants and more would be more balanced

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Why wouldn't 3rd place get points? IMO winner and second place of all tournaments should get much more silver to begin with.

In ctf half the participants get silver, in 1v1 only 2 get it required > 10 people show up.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

why not give silver to everyone who participates then, just as long as the winners get "more"
and comparing ctf to a 1v1 makes no sense, they are completely different entities and there aren't ten ctfs a week, whereas there are approx. a dozen pvp tournies per week.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

The way the tournament is scripted you would have to allow a 3rd & 4th place award for this to work.

I don't really think it is necessary, maybe only in a 25+ man tournament. There is usually only 12-20 people in each tournament as it is now anyways.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Get people together and go duel somewhere and get practice. Sandro can be beaten all you need to do is practice and improve your pvp skillz.

I have been busy lately and couldn't do as many pvp lessons as I want to, sorry for those that PMed me.

Seriously though, message people in IRC, on forums and in-game and go have a duel-la-thon at wrong roof or maybe a "secret" spot in the woods. You don't need duel rings to duel, in 1999 we never used "duel pits".

Duel off mount so you get practice for tourneys, only use refresh potions to mimick the infinite consume food you get in trammel tourneys.. Come on, The only problem is you don't get practice for "sudden death scenarios". That's why it's important to learn how to kill Sandro and other hally spammers(Guerilla) before sudden death. Works like a charm, you need to play more like a mage, have 25 mana and rely more on timing/strategy to end a fight way before sudden death even gets near. Learning to 'save your hally hit" is key to fight like I do. But you gotta learn how to do that and time spells against people who want to spam the hally a lot, which it can be done.

Be a true magician.
Last edited by Psilo on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

keep my name off your fingers psilo. <3's
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

psilo you are a nutcase.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

nightshark wrote:psilo you are a nutcase.

I was high on cannabis and caffeine(coffee) when I wrote that but I still don't see how it's "nutcase" maerial.

Recommending people to get pvp leagues together to practice to get seems like it would strengthen pvp in all facets(trammel and felucca!)

Beating mages with 25 dex since 1998. :)

ApolloX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ApolloX »

fox_phyre wrote:As long as they don't get silver for third. silver is for winners and runner-ups imo
Well don't you ever get tired of the same person winning over and over again? At least a small reward for 3rd place would motivate a few more people to participate in the events.

I've heard a few UOer's say they don't bother joining because they suspect Sandro of scripting. I don't really know if he does but maybe they are just butt hurt. I myself will be giving him a try once I get maxed out.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

publicity at its finest
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sandro wrote:The way the tournament is scripted you would have to allow a 3rd & 4th place award for this to work.

I don't really think it is necessary, maybe only in a 25+ man tournament. There is usually only 12-20 people in each tournament as it is now anyways.
It's not so much how it's scripted as the general logic of 3rd place. What you'd have to do is add a separate match for the players who lost to the two players in the final match. It could be done, and would be rather interesting even without a reward. There is a lot of work that could be done with most events to improve them.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Lets make it happen then.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There's a list a mile long of things to do for the actual game, to serve the actual purpose of the server. Here's my +1 to putting this at the very bottom of the list.