Moderator: Support Moderators

Nicoladen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Fast cast?!

Post by Nicoladen »

Do we have a thing such as fast cast?

Can you fast cast if timed correctly ?

In several occasions I have met people in pvp that are able to litterally throw 2 eb's in like 1 second (having one precast) and everytime iv'e been like wtf happened there!?

I'm in no way an elite pvp'er, but trying to learn the ropes. When I meet someone able of pulling this one of I don't even have time to learn anything at all.

It would be nice to know how its done and how it's countered.

marmalade

Re: Fast cast?!

Post by marmalade »

fast casting doesn't literally mean faster casting times. it means you can cast a spell immediately after releasing another spell without having to wait for the recast delay.

to do it you just have to hold a spell target on your cursor for a few seconds (not sure how long exactly) before releasing it. if you hold it for long enough, you should be able to cast a second spell straight away without the recast delay.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

i beleive the time holding a spell to be 2.25s

fastcast has a few uses, the most common one prob being able to disturb 2 greater heals in a row using ebolt

you can counter is by either disturbing their second spell (harm works good) or timing a GH between the spells. many people just release their own prepped ebolt/other spell when they're in trouble, to nullify the fastcast of their opponent.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

nightshark wrote:i beleive the time holding a spell to be 2.25s

fastcast has a few uses, the most common one prob being able to disturb 2 greater heals in a row using ebolt

you can counter is by either disturbing their second spell (harm works good) or timing a GH between the spells. many people just release their own prepped ebolt/other spell when they're in trouble, to nullify the fastcast of their opponent.
How does this allow you to disturb 2 in a row? I'm confused. The GHeals should be .5 seconds faster than the ebolt. Now the gheal should have a recast delay of .5 I think, so that washes out. But ebolts have a damage delay of 1.0 second. So I'm a little confused.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

damage delay is irrelevant, since both hit with the same delay.

i don't know the exact timer for disturb recast, but it's long enough for 2 ebs to disturb in a row vs 4th circle.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

OK, I see what you're saying, the delay is on both. Yeah I guess with the recast delay of .5, and the difference in cast time between level 4 and 6 spells being .5, I can see how that works. Man, you guys have good reflexes, I think you'd have to be within a tick timing-wise to get this to work.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

there are tricks to it, you can hold down your next spell and manually click the target, no timing required. i personally just mash .(lasttarget) 6(ebolt) really quickly and it goes off. if you use a mouse for last target, you can just hold the next spell down.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

if you drop an ebolt after you hit with the halberd, and he happens to cast gheal, it will get disrupted. if he decides to cast another gheal after the first one (which would be pretty stupid) the second ebolt will disrupt that one aswell. there isn't much timing involved, but it depends how quick you are dropping the first ebolt and how quick he is casting the gheal after the hally hits.

Nicoladen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nicoladen »

My head hurts...wondering wether or not it can actually explode..

I think I have the theory down, just need to practise I guess. Do you leet pvp'ers have last target queue'ed?

I don't know if it has been done before, but it would help rusty (read: n00bs) players like myself a great deal if someone would write up a pvp guide. Kinda like the great guide Mikel123 wrote about what he had learned during his time on UOSA (thanks Mikle123 VERY cool) - He spilled a lot of "secrets" (I didnt know a lot of them atleast).

People says that Sandro is dominating the pvp tournaments - that must be boring for you then Sandro! no competition!! Spill it! tell us ALL you know about the tricks of the trade and get some competition and fun while at it! ;-)

Mikel123's awesome post:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?p=133279

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sandro doesn't want competition, he wants to talk about how he "dominates" the tournaments by being the third-best.

There is some correlation between tournament skills and actual in-game UO skills. But there's also a lot of nonsense in the tournaments about what spells and potions you can/can't use, what items you can/can't use, etc. All of my tricks fall under the actual in-game UO skills, since I've never done a tournament. But they're enough to help you beat a lot of the folks on the Tournament Ranks page.

Return to “New Player Help”