Monster Loot

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Milford Cubicle
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Monster Loot

Post by Milford Cubicle »

I remember back in the day, for example, Liches used to have backpacks with the loot inside the backpack instead of the loot just strewn about the body. I used to be able to grab extra backpacks to organize my stuff a little better. Anybody else remember this?

Faust

Re: Monster Loot

Post by Faust »

NPCs are in a possible complete revamp here in the coming weeks. Lootpacks such as this will be part of that process.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, the packs were removed in "Server Publish Feb 23 2000" which was late late T2A

We'll get them back in

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Wasn't is just gold that was in the backpack? I thought any other items the monster was carrying was directly on the corpse. Also brings back memories of the "No Draw" tiles sitting in the backpacks.

Faust

Post by Faust »

No, there was sometimes food, torches, and all other misc items like scrolls in the lootpacks. It was usually a bunch of junk.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, anything they carried in their hands would go on their corpse, and anything that was in their pack would be in that pack.

So Orcs Lizardmen, etc who actually wield their weapons, would have those weapons on top layer of corpse.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Faust wrote:No, there was sometimes food, torches, and all other misc items like scrolls in the lootpacks. It was usually a bunch of junk.
Memories....this is very true.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Yep...then occasionally you'd get uber lucky and find a bag of tons of regs and magic gear on the little lizardman because some poor sap of a mage got killed and looted by it ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock