Discordance, Enticement and Nobility

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Discordance, Enticement and Nobility

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I had a little bit of nostalgia today, and while repeatedly Evaluating the intel of the local banker I decided to take a look at uostratics. Seems Discordance replaced the skill Enticement in Pub 16. This quickly made me go on and check what we had, and sure enough, we have enticement!!

Anyway, this got me thinking about the gold in the town Noble's packs, and they have practically nothing. I am quite sure that they had around 500-700gp each at this time as I used to slaughter them by the twenties in occlo two at a time and they always yielded more than 1k.

Something to look into.

Derrick

Re: Discordance, Enticement and Nobility

Post by Derrick »

Aye, there was another thread on nobles and their gold and magic items.
Look for this soon.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Yeah I posted about this but someone told me that they were accurate here :/. I remember leading masses of them out of town for their 500g per. And above poster was right, it was usually occllo. You could always find 2 or 3 there spawning rather quickly behind the mage shop.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Great, Thanks

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

At work just browsing and stumbled onto this. Anything ever come of this topic? Nobles dont have that much on them now do they? This is an old post so just checking.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:At work just browsing and stumbled onto this. Anything ever come of this topic? Nobles dont have that much on them now do they? This is an old post so just checking.
I can't remember the dates but I do remember this was a great way to earn fast money back then, killing the ones in cove from the docks(half the docks are unguarded). Eventually they added auto murder counts to killing them and people stopped

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

As I remember it, the drops for nobles were always in flux.

I killed a great many, and I don't remember ever getting above 500 gold, though approaching 500 was not uncommon. Mostly they had magic bracelets and neclaces.

One of my favorite UO moments happened when I was killing a noble outside of Vesper. The murderer patch had just gone in, and I had become a murderer. I paged a counseler to ask how I became blue again. When the counseler came, I was chasing down a redlined noble with a cross bow. He just said to me, "Dude" [return], "Stop killing people. That's how you become blue." I couldn't stop laughing, largely because the counseler addressed me as dude.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Fwerp wrote:He just said to me, "Dude" [return], "Stop killing people. That's how you become blue." I couldn't stop laughing, largely because the counseler addressed me as dude.
In the name of accuracy i shall add this as our standard reply; as we do get this question a lot :)

Thanks for sharing that!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Fwerp wrote:As I remember it, the drops for nobles were always in flux.

I killed a great many, and I don't remember ever getting above 500 gold, though approaching 500 was not uncommon. Mostly they had magic bracelets and neclaces.
It varied depending on I think if the npc had just paid out a player, or if they had been hired instead of just killed. I'm almost positive pre-uor they would carry all of the gold they paid out inside their backpack, which could be stolen by players and would reduce the amount it paid out if it wasn't completely stolen