Transfering Macros

Moderator: Support Moderators

wyvern35
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Transfering Macros

Post by wyvern35 »

Good evening fellow UO'ers. I took quite a long break from the game but I wanted to come back and play so after reinstalling the game to fix crashing issues I think I am ready to go. Still, I typically run two accounts and was wondering if it were possible to transfer macros (hotkeys/restock macros/etc) from one account to another without having to manually redo them per player/account? I searched a few different topics hoping to find an answer but nothing quite answered my query. Thanks for your time folks.

To be more specific: I am looking to transfer UO macros, the few I have, not Razor macros.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Transfering Macros

Post by Roser »

This is very possible.

Go into your Razor folder, then into the Profiles folder.
Select the profile you wish to copy and copy it.
Paste it elsewhere and rename it accordingly.
Pop your newly named profile back into the razor profile folder.

I do this for every one of my characters, each has their own razor profile and specific hot keys.

I realized halfway though typing this that you may be referring to the In game UO hotkey's.... If you are, I would suggest that you are better off creating a razor profile and doing all your hot key's though that.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

In your UO folder is a folder called Desktop. Try looking in there, it has all of the character settings that the client remembers for each of your characters.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

what mikel said. desktop folder in the uo directory contains folders for each account, each of which contain folders for each character on that account. in the character folder there are files for the in game macros and 'desktop' setup (dragged out spell icons, skill buttons etc).

your character has to be completely logged out of the game for transferring of macro files to work. make sure you log out in an inn or a house before you do it.

wyvern35
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wyvern35 »

Thank you all for your help! :)

Return to “New Player Help”