Crashing

Godwynn

Crashing

Post by Godwynn »

Every once in a while I get the message about client.exe crashing and it asks me if I want to send a report or not.

It seems to happen most when I am in Skara Brae. The white portion of the screen happened after I alt-tabbed out to Irfanview to take a screenshot, not because of the crash.

I am running no firewall or antivirus. I have Windows XP SP2.

Thanks ahead of time,

Godwynn

Dagon

Re: Crashing

Post by Dagon »

It really could be anything.. hard to give you suggestions at this point.

Godwynn

Post by Godwynn »

Yeah, sorry I'm not very computer intelligent. There is no lag or anything that happens before this, it seems to happen a lot in town (especially Skara Brae and Moonglow.) Running from the Mage shop to the Bank straight West in Skara Brae almost always crashes me.

I'm hoping someone will read this that had this happen before and they had an easy fix. :D

Thanks!

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

Are you using the UOSA file package? If not, try it (http://www.uosecondage.com/Downloads)

Have you made any changes on your UO folder files?
I am running no firewall or antivirus.
Not related to UO but I would advise you to use one :wink:

Godwynn

Post by Godwynn »

Lucien wrote:Are you using the UOSA file package? If not, try it (http://www.uosecondage.com/Downloads)

Have you made any changes on your UO folder files?
I am running no firewall or antivirus.
Not related to UO but I would advise you to use one :wink:
I downloaded the file package, and I haven't edited or changed anything, since I wouldn't know what I'm doing!

I had Avira, but I uninstalled it since I thought it might have been causing the problems. Turns out it wasn't. After your winking smiley I am re-installing it. :wink:

/shiftyeyes

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

This is really awkward... try reinstalling UO (if you have time) and see what happens... be sure to delete the folder after uninstalling it (your configurations will get deleted). Sorry for such a bad suggestion, I just never saw it happening before.

On skara brae, does it happen every single time? Have you started receiving this errors since when?

I wasnt sure about using the wink emote haha. I think ill use it more now. :wink:

Myg

Post by Myg »

The error is kinda blank, so its hard to say what the problem was at all.

Infact; I dont think I have ever seen a blank error like that...

Sounds like a part of the code with no error catching or maybe its a hardware error somewhere.

Try running in windows 95/98 compatibility mode and see if that helps.

Godwynn

Post by Godwynn »

I did a fresh install of UO, Razor, and UO Automap. I deleted the folders that remained after uninstallation as well. I still crash inside of town, luckily never outside of town guards.

Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: It happens a lot in Skara Brae and Ocllo, and not very often in Moonglow.

Here is a map of the spots where I crash (90% of the time walking there.)

Myg

Post by Myg »

Have you tried without razor?