Is there such thing as being "perma-red" on this shard?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sandro

Re: Is there such thing as being "perma-red" on this shard?

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:Numerical values did not show up during our timeframe.
Alright then what exactly is the ping-pong message?

Are you suppose to just manually keep track of your transitions between red/blue?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

there was no ping pong message. you basically just got the regular messages unless you went perma red.

imo kills/lifetime kills should be removed from MyUOSA. it's impossible to accidentally go red on this server since you always know exactly how many kill counts you have.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

nightshark wrote:there was no ping pong message. you basically just got the regular messages unless you went perma red.

imo kills/lifetime kills should be removed from MyUOSA. it's impossible to accidentally go red on this server since you always know exactly how many kill counts you have.
I would also like to see "online status" removed, and you should only be able to look up guilded players iirc.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I think this falls outside the realm of mechanical accuracy, so it probably is an opinion thing. I for one like all the info that's available in myUOSA. I like being able to track my characters while I'm at work (and Online Status is a huge help when you have crappy wireless like me at home). It's cool to look up the templates of the top PvPers (and I am 100% sure that myUO had the top 3 skills with the crown and stuff). I like being able to compare my kills to others' totals. I dunno... I like it. If we're arguing that this is inaccurate, we may as well eliminate the forums as a whole too, and the wiki.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Sandro wrote:
Faust wrote:Numerical values did not show up during our timeframe.
Alright then what exactly is the ping-pong message?

Are you suppose to just manually keep track of your transitions between red/blue?
This particular message was added in 2001 here.
Miscellaneous Updates and Bug Fixes Jul 24 2001 10:26PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_354.html wrote: Murder Count Display Added

The ability for players to check their own short and long term murder counts has been added to the game. By saying, "I must consider my sins", you will get a text response in the lower left corner of your screen that will show your Short Term Murders, Long Term Murders, and Ping Pongs (the number of times your character has gone from blue to red, based on your short term murder counts).

Yes, manually keeping track was the only way to do it back then. This was actually a much better feature to prevent noto pking from happening since someone could easily forget how many they had and it would further deter them from doing it on many occassions.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:I think this falls outside the realm of mechanical accuracy, so it probably is an opinion thing. I for one like all the info that's available in myUOSA.
A possible option here would be to only make any of this info available for public characters, such as online status specifically.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote:I think this falls outside the realm of mechanical accuracy, so it probably is an opinion thing. I for one like all the info that's available in myUOSA. I like being able to track my characters while I'm at work (and Online Status is a huge help when you have crappy wireless like me at home). It's cool to look up the templates of the top PvPers (and I am 100% sure that myUO had the top 3 skills with the crown and stuff). I like being able to compare my kills to others' totals. I dunno... I like it. If we're arguing that this is inaccurate, we may as well eliminate the forums as a whole too, and the wiki.
It's not that simple though. Having forums and the wiki is completely seperate to the game (and they're only akin to stratics). MyUOSA is directly extracting information from the server and displaying it on a website, updating it every server save. It tells you things you could never find out in '99 (lifetime kills, kills, exact templates).

The exact template thing is optional and doesn't alter the game in any way, but displaying kills does.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE