Gray Flashing when in Full Screen

Nexus

Gray Flashing when in Full Screen

Post by Nexus »

I get a random but persistent flashing when I have the client in full screen. The entire screen will flash a quick gray. I'm running Windows 7 and have tried disable CPU throttling in BIOS and Razor. I have tried disabling all the themes and desktop composition and running in compatibility mode. I can't get it to stop. This doesn't happen when I play in windowed mode.

Dagon

Re: Gray Flashing when in Full Screen

Post by Dagon »

hmm.. i've not played full screen at all.. i'll give it a try the next time i log in

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

mine does it too.. tried everything i could think of and read about but no solution came to me.

one forum thread somewhere suggested that razor was the issue, and to disable all the title bar stuff... seems logical but did not change the result

also i ran the client without razor and had less/almost none in game -- but the login screen flickered.

changed my screen resolution, refresh rate, tried all the in-game settings, xp sp2/sp3 compatibility, desktop comp, visual themes, etc. nothing.

i dont have up to date graphics drivers installed to play with any settings there but not sure if anything would make a difference anyhow.

UO is just not meant for full screen Windows vista/7.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I used to get this issue on my wife's laptop; it was just an out of date display driver. Might want to try updating it. Also try checking the Event Log to see if anything is showing up during the flash moments to troubleshoot it a bit more.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

I just wanted to kind of throw in an update on this. I've got 10.6 drivers for my ATi 5970's and the flashing continues unfortunately.

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

This is sometimes occurring while in windowed mode too.

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

So I was doing some more testing today and found out the issue is Razor. There's an endless number of options, so I very well may be missing a setting that will fix this flashing issue. Does anyone have a clue? I'm going to continue searching the web to see what I can find, if anything.

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

I just looked at my shortcut for razor and oddly enough its running in compatibility mode for vista sp 2. Might be worth a shot. Also make sure you are running as Admin.

Gumpo

Post by Gumpo »

I had the problem too, then i changed several settings at once and it hasnt done it since - i honestly don't know which one changed it... but here's what i did.

i checked Disable Visual Themes and Desktop Composition on both Razor and the UO Client - but i'm not running in any compatibility mode. I also disabled razor from showing the counts in the title bar, and disabled the queue lasttarget and targetself check box in its options menu, as well as disabling smart cpu usage.

good luck man.

Myg

Post by Myg »

I would like to confirm that disabling desktop composition (only) fixes this for me, on a client without razor/etc.

Im running windows 7 32bit.