Animal Taming

Moderator: Support Moderators

hksaga

Animal Taming

Post by hksaga »

I am trying to build a Animal Tamer. I started w/ 50 magery and 50 resisting spell
I made it to 100/100/25 while i was told resisting spell chosen at the first place is a pretty suck idea
Ok, if this is really hard to start from taming at 33 real skill, then i can start over
but what if you are at real 50, is there anyway i can use Marco to raise my taming skill?
i was told i can't gain any skill up for releasing and retaming a same target i succeed before. Is that true?
If this is the case, what if i tame some animal which used to be pet of someone, will i gain point?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Animal Taming

Post by Mikel123 »

Search the Guides forum for some ideas on raising taming efficiently.

I would advise starting over. I would guess the (attended) time it takes to go from 33 to 50 Taming is more than it takes to go from 0 to 50 Resist and to get to 100/25/100

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

I would suggest starting over also with 50 taming. Magery, Lore, Resists, can all be macroed, taming cannot.

You cannot gain skill off any animal that was previously tamed by you or by anyone else. Which means you need to keep finding fresh animals as first tames, making it so you can't macro it. You need to kill off what you tame, or at least the majority of it, which you can do by releasing one, tell the other to attack it, etc. If you don't, you and everyone else quickly runs out of animals to tame for skill ups. If for some reason you leave a few alive, please rename them so others know to not waste their time taming them for skill ups. There's nothing more frustrating than seeing the dreaded "That wasn't even challenging" message after taming everything in an area that someone else left behind.

There are numerous posts around about what animals to tame at what levels for skill ups.

hksaga

Post by hksaga »

thx mate, actually I did read a lot of post last nite about taming. Seems that this is the skill that I can't be GM after I wake up in morning to become a GM like other I marco.

I bet i'll go Delicixxx to start taming after i rebuild the status then. Seems that many ppl said there are tons of animal there for u to tame. Or i'll go HedagMaze to do that.

Jack Nickelson

Post by Jack Nickelson »

"I bet i'll go Delicixxx to start taming after i rebuild the status then. Seems that many ppl said there are tons of animal there for u to tame. Or i'll go HedagMaze to do that."

The problem with Delucia is that bunches of people just split after taming something and leave them tamed - you can't tamed a tame animal. A lot of other people tame stuff and then release them - you can't gain off them either and get the message that "that wasn't even challenging". This even applies north of town where all the sheep are along with other stuff like cows, great harts, and bulls. One can lure some orcs in there or cast blade spirits and almost everything there will become dead shortly thereafter.

Delucia is not that really a good place to gain. I'd go to Occlo instead where you most likely won't see anybody, can possibly have some good gains, and maybe find a brigand or orc camp to wipe out where you can make some GP. Bring the freshly tames along to help you and gain some vet also.

Just my thoughts

Jack Nickelson

Return to “New Player Help”