Trapped Box Mule

Moderator: Support Moderators

Captain Nurple

Trapped Box Mule

Post by Captain Nurple »

Hey guys,

I want to make a mule who can make GM tinker trapped boxes. This is my first mule character, so I'd also like to have other useful mule/money-making skills on him.

I'd appreciate suggestions on a good template here. Thanks.

(Also, what level of tinker skill is required to make a box that kills someone instantly when they open it?)

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Trapped Box Mule

Post by BobDobbs »

Captain Nurple wrote: (Also, what level of tinker skill is required to make a box that kills someone instantly when they open it?)
GM
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Blacksmith, Carpentry, Tinkering, Tailoring, Alchemy, Mining and Magery would be the 7 skills I'd recomend. You could sub Mining for Inscription, but you'd have a tougher time GMing Blacksmithy.

As Bob said, anything under GM tinkering trapped will most likely not kill a char with 100 str.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Captain Nurple

Post by Captain Nurple »

Pirul wrote:Blacksmith, Carpentry, Tinkering, Tailoring, Alchemy, Mining and Magery would be the 7 skills I'd recomend. You could sub Mining for Inscription, but you'd have a tougher time GMing Blacksmithy.
Cool, a few questions:

1) Attributes? Do I need high dex for any of these skills, or should this be a 100 int character?

2) Is the Magery just to get around? Or does it have a use here beyond that?

3) Assuming I start with 50 tinkering, which other starting skills would you suggest?

3b) Should I not start with 50 tinkering?

Thanks!

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Fwiw my mules are as follows:

Bowcraft/Fletching
Carpentry
Tailoring
Tinkering
Blacksmithy
Mining (For smelting or Brit farm mining, I have a 'combat' miner too)
80 Lumberjacking
20 Magery (Just for a fair recalling success rate)

Str 100 / Dex 100 / Int 25

and

Alchemy
Cooking
Poisoning
80 Magery (Enough to inscribe 8th circle)
70 Meditation (I mostly inscribe in bulk while playing another client so fast mana regen isn't a big priority)
75 Item Identification
75 Arms Lore

Str 75 / Dex 50 / Int 100

Neither of them ever go outside of the house or a guardzone if shopping for materials. The second char isn't quite finished, but the above is the plan. The first char can make plenty of cash from NPC selling, the second is for personal supplies or selling through a player vendor really.
Last edited by Jill Stihl on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

1.- 100 STR is a gimme, and I'd go with 100 INT since it'll help you when you raise your magery. Once you get your magery to where you want, you can mix and match to where you feel more comfortable, no big difference.
2.- You can make abbatoirs and pentagrams with carpentry (actually, you could just take it up to 75 and still be able to do them)
3.- Magery
4.- I'd go 50 Magery / 50 Blacksmithy, simply for the pain and expense of doing BS, but it really is your call.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”