rubber banding around

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Gilgamesh

rubber banding around

Post by Gilgamesh »

I've been running around the woods and running into/rubber banding into stuff that isn't there. I keep resyncing with the server and it doesn't help.

Oh also did you turn up monster AI and spawn? Not to mention I was running around the orc fort with an orc mask on and they were on me like crazy.

Cutpurse

Re: rubber banding around

Post by Cutpurse »

...the rubber banding is from the brambles. Brambles are the Fall version of saplings so you cannot run through them or place on top of them.

Orc masks don't nor have they ever kept you from getting attacked to my knowledge. You may be thinking of a mask of orcish kin -- which is a green orc mask.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

You know I didn't think orc masks did that either but about a week ago I happened to put one on and was walking through the orc fort and they didn't aggro me at all. In fact I was hanging out in the fort and using provocation on them two at a time and they never aggro'd me unless I failed to provoke. Then I log on last night and try to do the same thing and they are aggro'ing me through the walls and finding their way out of the place after me and chasing me much faster than I thought monsters could. It was like night and day, totally crappy AI and no aggression at all and then much better AI with very high aggression. I thought it was the orc mask last week, I forgot it was mask of orcish kin and was trying to figure out why they wouldn't aggro me when I was standing right on top of them.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, that must have been the yew orc fort.

That's was their holiday of rest and repentance in which they bottle all their anger up deep inside to be released thoughout the rest of the year.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

Oh hehe. Well sorry to be a bother but I still think that monster aggro's are in general a little too quick and their chasing is a little too quick and persistent. Also I'm not sure about this but it seems maybe they are aggro'ing through walls?