Barded monsters not taking damage when you leave.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Omnicron

Barded monsters not taking damage when you leave.

Post by Omnicron »

Ok so I've noticed lately when I provoke monsters on one another, leave them to bard others, then come back and they have taken no damage from each other. Is this a bug?

Reena Dae

Re: Barded monsters not taking damage when you leave.

Post by Reena Dae »

Omnicron wrote:Ok so I've noticed lately when I provoke monsters on one another, leave them to bard others, then come back and they have taken no damage from each other. Is this a bug?
If 2 creatures are fighting and have damaged each other, when you leave and come back a while later, they are fully healed up. No, it's not supposed to be this way, but it's probably coded that way on purpose.
A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

Faust

Post by Faust »

This was fixed along time ago... probably was broken during the recent AI changes.

Perception

Post by Perception »

lol

On this shard, when you leave the range of two provoked creatures, they stop fighting.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Perception wrote:lol

On this shard, when you leave the range of two provoked creatures, they stop fighting.
If that's true then I believe this feature is broken.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

There are meny instance where things like this can occur. I can only imagine it is part of the RUNUO code to optomize memory usage or whatever. When people are not around, monsters do not move or anything as they did on OSI.

Consider that you live on an island with no access other than the recall spell. If no players are logged out on the island in your home, nobody else lives there, boats cannot get near it, and a mongbat spawns on your recall spot.

You have 0 chance of ever getting home. It will not move, the server will not bother with the actions of things where players cannot witness. It's like the old "If a tree falls in the woods" saying.

Faust

Post by Faust »

MatronDeWinter wrote:There are meny instance where things like this can occur. I can only imagine it is part of the RUNUO code to optomize memory usage or whatever. When people are not around, monsters do not move or anything as they did on OSI.
Actually, the original OSI code functioned the same way based on Batlin's findings.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

ye i thought it was based on sub-servers though. if there was noone on my sub-server where my tower was owned, and there was a mob standing on my recall spot, i had to run home.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

The way it worked from my understanding was that a mobile wouldn't move unless a player was with in a certain amount of distance from it.

There is probably a thread about this over at JoinUO.com in the demo section of the forum.

Perception

Post by Perception »

Just realised I was completely wrong, not sure what I was thinking, my last post meant the opposite.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The radius to players seems off then, or, I suppose it could just be that OSI had 500x the people that play here, so it was more likely that someone was in the area.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

MatronDeWinter wrote:It's like the old "If a tree falls in the woods" saying.
If Lazaraith gets scammed out of a frying pan, and Downs isn't there to witness it, does he still get scammed?

If a LEETPVPER wins a duel on the Test Center, does he still PWN?

If mYm quits when you steal their keep but forget to quit playing, are they still -F-?