Dispute over Land

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pro

Re: Dispute over Land

Post by Pro »

sorry no it's segregated, Lizardmen only.

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

Stranger wrote:
I have two castles side by side. I love them. I have been here for some time now, and I didnt get them by falling into them. I "Broke my back" working just as hard as you say you work. And instead of posting on the forums complaining about it, I overpaid for them by about 1mil per. I dont know what you hope to accomplish by complaining that others have more then you. Anything on this server can be bought if you have enough coin. I really dont see why anyone would want to take away from proven veteran players to give to new players who likly wont be around for more then a month. You act like a guy with his own town didnt earn it. Less time on the forums more time in the trenches if you want a tower.

P.S. Stay the hell off my land new meat.

Stranger I believe you are overly impatient because I do not think you're reading all of my posts in their entirety. If you read my post as a "complaint" then you are mistaken, I am simply pointing out a vulnerability in the server. It would appear that a majority of vets are elitists and they believe they have earned everything they had.

It would appear that you also didn't notice where I offered to pay 1 million gold for one of his towers, and was refused. If anything could be bought on this server, then that would be fine.. in fact that would make it a healthy business environment. However hoarding a great deal of land, and not offering it for sale or use.. and threatening other players to not place houses near their land?

Let's not forget that no person has any right to determine an owner of "land" unless it is designated by the GM's as such. This is a public server and should be enjoyed by everyone especially month-old accounts. Perhaps it might be better to create a "trammel" facet for one month accounts, and only until they have reached an age of 6 months should they be allowed to play with vets.

Your attitude is absurd.

P.S. Don't tell me to stay off your land, it's not your land.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Segellion wrote:Perhaps it might be better to create a "trammel" facet for one month accounts, and only until they have reached an age of 6 months should they be allowed to play with vets.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Errikos

Post by Errikos »

BobDobbs wrote:
Segellion wrote:Perhaps it might be better to create a "trammel" facet for one month accounts, and only until they have reached an age of 6 months should they be allowed to play with vets.
I still have no idea what that kid is doing.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Actually, if he owns real estate on the land, then it is in fact, his land.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

Just because he has real estate on 3/4 of the Trinsic Swamp, does not give him the right to claim ownership over the entire swamp, and determine who can place a house there.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Segellion wrote:Just because he has real estate on 3/4 of the Trinsic Swamp, does not give him the right to claim ownership over the entire swamp, and determine who can place a house there.
He didn't. You said yourself you placed a small house in the area.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Segellion wrote:Please make sure to read my original post carefully Cavewight as I hardly referred to "fairness in UO"-I was simply defending those who may have never played before.
he was just having flashbacks of an old thread...
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?t=8700

all your answers, discussions, rebuttals, etc. can be found there.
Sandro wrote:Actually, if he owns real estate on the land, then it is in fact, his land.
why dont you turds quit arguing dumbshit when you know damn well what he is referring to? arguing semantics is a waste of time.

ranger

Post by ranger »

Hello. I remember playing this game back when I was 11. At that time I played when my father wasn't, so I never owned a home until this server.
I just ran into the issue of placing a bigger home. I have outgrown the small one.
I was surprised when I read the policy on owning homes and account limits. 3 accounts, and every player can own a home. I know my account has 5 characters, so that's possibly 15+ houses one person can possibly own? I'm not saying it should be as strict as the official 1 house per account...
I would like to ask that this be changed however. It discourages growth to the server.
UO is already annoying when it comes to finding a spot. You go to spots that seem perfectly ok to put a house on them wham, you find out there is a bump down the middle of it for no reason.
On an off topic note, I'm surprised at how many pkers are on this server. There's more to this game than that. -.-
(BTW, if you know of any program/map that shows available spots, or have a suggestion, please let me know. Still lookin. xP)

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

I remember a thread posted over a year ago, predicting this behavior.

This is another "era accurate game mechanic" that doesn't transcend time very well, much like the three account rule.

IMO, these instances need to be taken seriously in order to prevent the metamorphesis that occurs on a daily basis..

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

Has there ever been a mod or admin to comment on these matters? Or are they simply disregarded? I believe the majority of the problem is "house hoarding", as we all accept buying and selling in a healthy real estate market.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There are many many comments on this, and some changes have been made to address the issues of individuals tying up immense amounts of realestate.

There is a new thread on this subject at least monthly; you can find previous threads on the topic, and staff comments by serching forums; which is always recommended but rarely done before starting a new thread in the Suggestions forum.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."