Horses / Logging in

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Horses / Logging in

Post by Mens Rea »

Does anyone remember when you logged out on a horse, then logged back in, you would be dismounted from your horse?

Segellion

Re: Horses / Logging in

Post by Segellion »

Ya I remember you used to have to stable your horse when you logged out.. or else your horse would disappear... that's one inaccuracy I can live with =P

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Segellion wrote:Ya I remember you used to have to stable your horse when you logged out.. or else your horse would disappear... that's one inaccuracy I can live with =P
So... in June 1998, it appears that's not the case:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 1488ddfe5b
The 'trick' is (as the above mentions), is to log out while sitting on your horse.
In September 1999, we see this:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 3acc91d578
> I'm just curious...do horses still log out with you?

Yes.

> Whenever I log in I am not sitting on my horse anymore. Is that
> because of logging in or logging out?

When you login, you get dismounted. Who knows why. I have heard it said
that the client wants to load your paperdoll so it sends a double-click
to the server, but this doesn't seem to make sense. Who knows.
Close the paperdoll next time before you log-out..voilà..stay on horse with the next login
Pretty cut and dry - you should be able to log out on a horse, as we do, without it remaining in the world/going wild/whatever.

Upon logging in, if you have your paperdoll open, you should be standing, presumably on the same tile as your horse. If you don't have your paperdoll open, you should be sitting on your horse.

Dunno if this is a client thing or what, but I'd say it's a pretty low-priority bug.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

The menu at the top of the screen with "paperdoll" on it probably made this obsolete anyway...

Oh well, just testing my memory :D Thanks for finding out the answer - you're good.